‘23 VA LB Kamren Robinson

This is the SECOND player offered from the Northern Neck of VA. It's hard for me to believe there are 2 Div 1 level players out of that area. I can't explain it. You'd have to know the area. VERY rural and the schools are tiny.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
This is the SECOND player offered from the Northern Neck of VA. It's hard for me to believe there are 2 Div 1 level players out of that area. I can't explain it. You'd have to know the area. VERY rural and the schools are tiny.
Hershel Walker played sandlot football at 1A Wrightsville GA. Have you ever driven through there? If so you probably missed it.

big-brains-brad.gif

Tennessee is one of more than a half-dozen schools that have extended scholarship offers to Kamren Robinson since the start of last month. After hearing plenty from the Vols over the past several weeks, he’s now preparing to see for himself what they have to offer.

The Class of 2023 linebacker from Essex High School in Tappahannock, Va., told 247Sports’ Jacquie Franciulli on Wednesday that he’s planning to visit Tennessee for the first time May 28 to attend the Vols’ Memorial Day weekend recruiting event. He said he doesn’t “know too much” about them at this point, but he’s looking forward to getting a firsthand look at the program next weekend.

“I want to go down there first before I just take an official (visit),” Robinson told Franciulli. “I want to see how things happen without the official. I get to see the locker room, talk to some players.”

The 6-foot-2, 215-pound Robinson has received offers from 17 schools, including Penn State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Florida State, Virginia Tech, Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia, Pittsburgh, Boston College and Indiana. Tennessee extended an offer to him on April 6, joining Ole Miss at the time as the second SEC school to pursue him.

Robinson said linebackers coach Brian Jean-Mary is serving as his main recruiter for the Vols. Robinson said Jean-Mary is a “cool dude,” and he likes that Tennessee’s staff seems to be “energetic.”

“They’re all cool,” said Robinson, who’s ranked the No. 470 overall prospect and No. 40 linebacker in the 2023 class and the No. 8 junior from the state of Virginia, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. “They call me, like, every other day — every other day, always checking on me.”

West Virginia, Virginia Tech, Virginia, Penn State and Maryland already have hosted him on visits. After traveling to Tennessee next weekend, he’s hoping to visit Florida “sometime in June,” he said, but he doesn’t have any additional trips scheduled at this point.

He said a trip to Florida is “going to be my first official visit,” although he has yet to receive an offer from the Gators, and he’s “going to go to South Carolina (on an) unofficial, too.”
Robinson said he’s looking for a program that’s “family-(oriented).” As he continues to explore his growing list of college choices, he plans to look into “how they’re going to treat you,” along with the “atmosphere, fans,” at each school.

“And I’m just trying to get to the League, trying to go pro,” he added.

He said he’s not rushing to decide on a college, adding that he’s “going to commit during football season.”

“Right now, I’m trying to narrow it down to at least get, like, a top 10, top five. … I don’t want to commit too soon,” Robinson said.
-Callahan

VN Store

Back