'21 VA CB Tony Grimes (North Carolina commit)

UGA doesn’t lead for anyone right now. Mims is it, but that’s a deep competition. They aren’t the clear favorite

Mims is either Bama or Tennessee. I think Georgia is 3rd. It’s really not even a close gap in my opinion if he’s openly telling folks Bama leads. I can’t blame the kid either they just had guys go R1

Brown will have to play some games before signing day. It'll be interesting to see how he does, and how it affects his commits.

Mims is either Bama or Tennessee. I think Georgia is 3rd. It’s really not even a close gap in my opinion if he’s openly telling folks Bama leads. I can’t blame the kid either they just had guys go R1
I believe it. Kirby is losing momentum on the trail. All the lying and false promises getting around. Guys like Mims won’t sign there when all these other top guys are going elsewhere.

mack brown has put DB's in the league for 20ish years. he had a couple at UNC in the late 90's and i'm pretty sure there were some at TX. Earl Thomas and Dre Bly probably headline.

much like Barnes has sold his past exploits, or pruitt and his crew have done the same, mack has credibility.

i guess it's a little surprising to see a kid of this caliber this early, but i'm not surprised he's recruiting well.

I believe it. Kirby is losing momentum on the trail. All the lying and false promises getting around. Guys like Mims won’t sign there when all these other top guys are going elsewhere.

100% agree. I feel they (the fans) are expecting it to be business as usual. In the end I think they’ll be very disappointed. Will they miss on everyone probably not but guaranteeing a T5 in my opinion is a possibility that’s gone. Yes, I know it’s early but look at the kids, let alone parents, who have gone public about his statements. Remind us of anyone?
Just off the top of my head:

Mims: Bama
Mondon: Tennessee, Georgia, Auburn (you could probably flip Georgia Auburn on any day.
Grimes: UNC They just got a few CBs. Obviously they don’t mean anything but it’s certainly leaning in their favor.
Ritz: UNC, Tennessee. Some say UNC lean some say Tennessee lean. I think Tennessee wins here in a really close battle.

Those are just a few of the big names they’ve missed on.

But this is Nc, not Texas. They’re a basketball school
Mack Brown recruited really well at UNC in the early 90’s. They finished in the Top 10 of the year-end polls (not recruiting rankings) twice with him at the helm. That’s why he got the job at Texas. Frankly, he was better at UNC than he was at Texas. He already has established ties at North Carolina high schools.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coach Punk

VN Store

Back