'21 VA CB Tony Grimes (North Carolina commit)

Same can be said for Oklahoma.
LSU showed that last year. Yet people swear up on down that Oklahoma is head and shoulders better than UT this season 😏

I really hate bias comments like this. Let the fandom go and realize that they hv a leg up on UT because they are ahead in recruiting and depth due to the continuity they’ve hv even with the change of HC from Stoops to Riley. They have a solid foundation while we’re still trying to build one and recoup from the last regime and all of the lack they left behind in true recruiting, s/c, and development. By year 5 all this will be established and we will be able to say this in truth but right now we can’t. I know anticipation is real as is the wanting to return to elite status but it will be here soon enough as long as CJP is here and can kp his staff w/o the NFL and others cherry picking the coaches away

I really hate bias comments like this. Let the fandom go and realize that they hv a leg up on UT because they are ahead in recruiting and depth due to the continuity they’ve hv even with the change of HC from Stoops to Riley. They have a solid foundation while we’re still trying to build one and recoup from the last regime and all of the lack they left behind in true recruiting, s/c, and development. By year 5 all this will be established and we will be able to say this in truth but right now we can’t. I know anticipation is real as is the wanting to return to elite status but it will be here soon enough as long as CJP is here and can kp his staff w/o the NFL and others cherry picking the coaches away
Totally with you on this.

But....this could be the year things really turn for us. All depends on the quarterback play for me, because I think our defense is in a nice place now. We are having to replace some production at WR but I think we have plenty of talent there. If Cade Mays is eligible the OL is gonna be good to potentially great. RB will be fine. All depends on QB play for this being the year we looks back and say, "we've arrived under Jeremy Pruitt"

That OU game could really be the launching point for it this season. Will be interesting if no fans are in the stands for that game. Not that its an impossible game with fans, but it really could help.
Been a while since my anticipation has been so high for a season. Expectations were always low during the Botch years.

It's not fandom.
What do think OU's record would have been with our schedule last year?

Florida would have been a tough test for them too as much as it pains me to say it.
Word was that after the playoff game O's staff thought LSU had played 5 teams better than OU. I'm assuming that was Auburn, Alabama, Georgia and Florida in no particular order. I don't know who the fifth would have been. While it was a huge step for us to beat a lot of the traditional conference also-rans and our bowl game last year, we also won a lot of close games, this year's challenge is to dominate those also rans, then we might could reasonably contend we have caught OU, right now, winning out there, while not impossible, would still have to be considered a huge upset.

Reactions: LittleVol
Word was that after the playoff game O's staff thought LSU had played 5 teams better than OU. I'm assuming that was Auburn, Alabama, Georgia and Florida in no particular order. I don't know who the fifth would have been. While it was a huge step for us to beat a lot of the traditional conference also-rans and our bowl game last year, we also won a lot of close games, this year's challenge is to dominate those also rans, then we might could reasonably contend we have caught OU, right now, winning out there, while not impossible, would still have to be considered a huge upset.

Texas I guess would be the 5th team.

You guys are doing this wrong.

It sucks the staff had to let this guy know he wasn’t a take. It’s probably tough on both ends letting a player know he won’t make it in the class. Good luck to him wherever he ends up.

You guys are doing this wrong.

It sucks the staff had to let this guy know he wasn’t a take. It’s probably tough on both ends letting a player know he won’t make it in the class. Good luck to him wherever he ends up.
We’re not UGA fans...edit: most of us aren’t.

Agreed but do you think our D can keep us in the game with a new QB for them? If they had hurt, it would be a blowout. Problem is I still do not think our O can keep up even vs their questionable D. Unless we get dynamic QB play. But with a few breaks, it happen but agree 80-20 against us in the road.

Looking back and seeing that game would've been in Gainesville, I could give that one to UF.

Exactly.
9-3 probably.

What we should have been with a just a little but better QB play in the first two games.

Were we as good as OU last year? No...
But they're not some team that's light years better than us.
I think they take a step back this year because of who they lost on defense and their new QB Rattler has a ways to go.

We take a big step forward because of the continuity of coaching and talent. And all the young guys we played last year.

Reactions: barrylee

Clemson
Alabama
Georgia
Auburn
Florida

Agreed but do you think our D can keep us in the game with a new QB for them? If they had hurt, it would be a blowout. Problem is I still do not think our O can keep up even vs their questionable D. Unless we get dynamic QB play. But with a few breaks, it happen but agree 80-20 against us in the road.

It’s a slight possibility but I highly doubt it. Yes they’re BIG12 but they have a dynamic offense regardless of their qb being new or anything like that. They replace and replenish so well look at Baker to Murray to Hurts they didn’t miss a beat. Hurts looked like he made major improvements until the playoffs. Remember we have to replenish from the 1 man pass rush we lost in D. Taylor. We have no clue who will be effective off the edge.

Thanks
It’s a slight possibility but I highly doubt it. Yes they’re BIG12 but they have a dynamic offense regardless of their qb being new or anything like that. They replace and replenish so well look at Baker to Murray to Hurts they didn’t miss a beat. Hurts looked like he made major improvements until the playoffs. Remember we have to replenish from the 1 man pass rush we lost in D. Taylor. We have no clue who will be effective off the edge.
However, Baker to Murray to Hurts didn’t have coronavirus issues and probably started executing with the offense and getting timing with receivers in February not July. I doubt we see a well oiled machine on offense that early in the season.

Last edited:

I think the difference for 2020 is in the trenches. Currently, OU has us beat at the skill positions. The secondary is likely a push. But in the trenches is where we "should" really control the game. We should have one of the best OLs in the country next year. We are returning every starter and possibly (likely) have Cade Mays added to it if the waiver is approved. That's a ton of experience on an OL that was pretty good in it's own right last year. And we have a bunch of quality deoth as well. OU also lost their best DL to the draft and LSU completely owned that DL during the playoffs. Granted, LSU was loaded on the OL last year with several 2020 and future draft picks, but our 2020 starting OL likely has at least 4 future draft picks as well. Looks very good here.

Defensively, our DL was our biggest improvement as the year went on, and we return every player, along with getting Gooden back. OU also returns an experienced OL with at least a couple of future NFL draft picks, but they were manhandled vs LSU. Again, it's hard to compare our talent to LSU in that regard, but we are VERY deep and experienced at DL in 2020. I like our odds here as well.

VN Store

Back