'21 VA CB Nate Evans (NC State commit)

Tennessee defensive coordinator Derrick Ansley set the tone for Nate Evans on the practice fields Saturday afternoon. “He told me straight, I had to get what I came here for,” Evans told GoVols247. “That’s what I stuck with. I knew I had to ball out. If I balled out, I knew I’d get the right outcome.” What Evans came to Tennessee’s camp for was a chance to earn an offer. The 6-foot-1, 175-pound 2021 athlete out of Frank W. Cox High School in Virginia Beach, Va., did just that.

Evans, who has not yet been rated by 247Sports or the 247Sports Composite, is listed as an athlete but said Tennessee is recruiting him as a cornerback, the position he prefers at the high school level. He describes himself as a lock-down corner specializing in press coverage. And Evans wasn’t all that surprised by the Tennessee offer, either. “I knew the work I’ve been putting in,” Evans said. “I knew if I put in that work, it would be a good outcome.”

The offers from the Vols adds to a list that so far includes Baylor, Florida State, Maryland, Pitt, South Carolina, Virginia and Virginia Tech.

A stop at Kentucky is next on the camp tour for Evans, who said he’s spending the summer touring campuses and getting a firsthand look at coaching staffs. “Looking to see if we have a good bond,” Evans said. “I want a good bond with all my coaches, making sure we’re always on the same page.”

Tennessee checked the boxes on and off the field. “I liked everything,” Evans said of the camp visit. “Liked the campus, how everything is so close together, everything in one spot, not too far away, within walking distance.”

Reactions: T Dog and EdEcEko77

VN Store

Back