'21 VA RB TreVeyon Henderson (Ohio State commit)

If Clemson wasn't so strong right now, i think TN would be hitting top 5 classes.

Clemson only recently started getting top 5 classes. 2018 was their first Top 5 class.
From 2008-2015 there average class rank was 20th

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Clemson only recently started getting top 5 classes. 2018 was their first Top 5 class.
From 2008-2015 there average class rank was 20th
Difference is that their ranking during that time was still good for 1st or 2nd in the whole conference lol

Easier to win and easier to recruit since all you need is top 20 classes to get to 10-2, 11-1, 12-0 .

difference is that their ranking during that time was still good for 1st or 2nd in the whole conference lol

That and they would often win the few big games they played. And now they're rolling.

But fans often put to much stock in class rankings. Bama had the number 1 ranked class from 2008 till 2018 i believe. For 10 years straight I believe.

How come they did not win 10 National Championships during that time?
It's because some of those years they went up against teams that had found a great chemistry at the right time and beat them.

We just have to recruit close to what the top of our conference is doing and get KEY PLAYERS ( Henry To'oto'o, Morris, Wright, Bailey, )

That and they would often win the few big games they played. And now they're rolling.

But fans often put to much stock in class rankings. Bama had the number 1 ranked class from 2008 till 2018 i believe. For 10 years straight I believe.

How come they did not win 10 National Championships during that time?
It's because some of those years they went up against teams that had found a great chemistry at the right time and beat them.

We just have to recruit close to what the top of our conference is doing and get KEY PLAYERS ( Henry To'oto'o, Morris, Wright, Bailey, )

I'm confident the 2019 and 2020 classes are going to be the ones that will get us back to the top and stay there this time. No more Butch, under developing, etc. I actually sat down the other day and was like "Wow, we actually went 8-5 this year after the rough start." Pruitt is the one.

Clemson has the perfect storm. Eventually FSU will knock them off. But it may take three or four years for that to happen.
Virginia may get there too. VT is in trouble with Fuentes. That relationship is not going to work for very long.

Not to mention, when counting for the future, you're assuming guys don't switch positions. Whitehead could still end up at LB. Maybe Small switches to slot receiver. We just don't know where they might end up. Pruitt has shown he's not afraid to mix it up.
Doubt the staff passes on recruiting top talent because of the number of bodies currently on the roster at that position. Players get recruited over every season hence why the transfer portal has become so popular.

Either we ain’t getting him or that’s changing. 😒
Sounds like we’re not gonna get him. Sounds like he’s destined for Clemson. I really like Cody Brown, though. We seem to be in a good spot for him

Sounds like we’re not gonna get him. Sounds like he’s destined for Clemson. I really like Cody Brown, though. We seem to be in a good spot for him

Well if Henderson goes to Clemson, then we have a real shot at CB. CB wants clemson but it looks like Clem doesn’t want him, because that would be two 4* backs committed already. I just hope we beat Aub out for him.

VN Store

Back