UTAD had $28 million deficit this year

Kevin Steele -- $450,000 per for 2 years = $900,000
Danny White buyout at UCF = $2,500,000
Danny White annual salary at UT = $1,800,000
Parker Search Firm to hire new HC = $120,000
Fulmer separation package -- $450,000 per for next three years = $1,350,000

With the appearance of out-of-control spending taking place by UTAD recently, this should shock no one that the prior year was a major deficit. Probably going to be worse in 2021 once the numbers provided above are factored in. Looks like there is a pattern going on.

Can you add in all the coach's buyouts that came from UFC, buyouts for all the UT coaches that got paid like Chaney, and the cost for Glazier?

Reactions: give_him 6
Kevin Steele -- $450,000 per for 2 years = $900,000
Danny White buyout at UCF = $2,500,000
Danny White annual salary at UT = $1,800,000
Parker Search Firm to hire new HC = $120,000
Fulmer separation package -- $450,000 per for next three years = $1,350,000

If UT was a business and not a political football to kick around, Phil Fulmer could possibly be looking at criminal charges and for sure never be allowed to set foot inside the store again! For those of you that think his love of the Vols and his stellar coaching record gives him a pass I gotta tell you one last time, that man is awful and should have been banned years ago. So glad he is removed from the scene! Lets see what we can do without him!

View attachment 354227
Part of that was because Pruitt didn't wear his mask right.

He literally cost this program 900k plus last season by himself with the mask stupidity and firing a guy he admittedly never interviewed in Brumbaugh.

Any other business and he would have been sh**canned immediately for that.

In Knoxville, Fulmer gives him a raise and extension.

Today buy on time live on a dime. Need some 90 plus thousand crowds at the games and some generous donations and problem solved.

A $28 million deficit is not much considering. I am sue when they submitted the AD budget for last year, it is highly likely they were not expecting a large drop in income due to COVID. I am sure they make more than $28 million in revenue in a normal year. Also, this is for the entire AD, not just football. Simply a matter of a fiscal year budget that did not meet the income expectations due to extenuating circumstances.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Front page story in today's edition of the Knoxville News Sentinel.

Most of the deficit has to do with lost ticket revenue.

I’ve got a bad feeling they’re going to lose more revenue if the product on the field doesn’t get significantly better.

Reactions: N.ohio vol

VN Store

Back