UT vs UAB

This game won't be close.

Our secondary will shine and Ainge will start his Heisman Campaign

;)

Your secondary gave up 400 yards in the scrimmage. I hope that's just because your offense is that awesome that the defense couldnt contain them.

Originally posted by Blazer85@Aug 15, 2005 12:01 AM
I hope that's just because your offense is that awesome that the defense couldnt contain them.

Just think of our offense as Tulane's last year....scoring nearly 60 on you :dance2:

Originally posted by U-T@Aug 14, 2005 11:05 PM
Just think of our offense as Tulane's last year....scoring nearly 60 on you  :dance2:
[snapback]126778[/snapback]​

Tulane scored 59 and UAB 55. Sucky defense, but that game came down to just who had the ball last... we werent out of the game for a moment. Our defense wont give up 59pts but nor will our offense score 55pts. But it wont be a blowout either.

Originally posted by U-T@Aug 15, 2005 12:55 AM
This game won't be close.

Our secondary will shine and Ainge will start his Heisman Campaign

;)
[snapback]126770[/snapback]​

"Not So Quick, My Friend". UAB and Watson Brown are taking this game very seriously. It is their best chance to get into the National Limelight. They will be well prepared and as has been the case with Watson Brown coached teams ad infinitum, they will have an effective and flashy offense. Their quaterback has an arm like a "rocket-launcher" and is also a very effective big runner. Coach Brown always has effective, if not star, receivers and they will find ways to get open.

To stop them, we must contain their quaterback and not give him an exit path from the pocket. If we contain him and put him on his back several times, then our suspect secondary may have time to cover.

I expect the UAB boys will give us trouble for a couple of quarters but given our speed and more particularly our depth, we will wear them down and be able to open up our offense at the start of the Second Half.

:cool: :cross: :cross: :cross: :cross: :cross:

it's the 1st game of the season, our boys will be cocky and probably overconfident, UAB will have a "David the Giant Killer Complex".... they will play us close the 1st half and UT pulls away in the 2nd half after a good half time butt chewing..... thus sayeth the Ninja!

Special teams have been turned over to Trooper. Colquitt is likely the 2nd string PK as he is about to win that spot from Fusco.

Fulmer says Britton is more talented than Dustin as a punter, just needs some game experience.

So, maybe we won't be so bad this year.

There are 6 boys here in the local community that play for UAB. With all of UAB's Juco transfers, they think they may be better than last year. Hackney has already found his go to reciever (#11, can't remember his name). If you think this is going to be a cake walk, I'd love to sell you some swamp land in New Mexico.

Originally posted by BHAMVOLFAN@Aug 15, 2005 2:35 PM
If you think this is going to be a cake walk, I'd love to sell you some swamp land in New Mexico.
[snapback]126858[/snapback]​

Cool, how much? :shades:

#11 is Reggie Lindsey. He also does punt and kickoff returns for us and averaged about 26 yards per return last year.

Originally posted by KYVolFan@Aug 15, 2005 7:21 AM
"Not So Quick, My Friend".

So if Corso says it will be close....we will 100% blow them out!

:nener: :nener: :nener:

And just think how bad our special teams would have been with out
a great punter?????????????? it would be nice to see David C
VOLUNTEER FOR A POSITION:) :)

Special Teams and mabie even secondary coach a change is long over
due there as well LONG LONG LONG LONG OVER DUE!!!!

I think from an entire game stand-point, Our special teams play must improve!

I have never liked the idea of a starting RB/TB or even a starting DB return kicks and/or punts.

Riggs and Hefney are sure "Hands", and thats good ball protection but our down field coverage/protection has just plain sucked!

IMO would love to see some blocking and Inky or D-mo get a shot.

Id agree TT should get ST's, He has his group of Backs but he's a ton of motivation. I believe he could turn the return game around.

VN Store

Back