UT v. KY Starting OL Lineup

MontyPython

Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
Not a single projected starter on our OL started last year. Wright's ankle is apparently better, and Morris is good to go on the other bookend. Obviously, Smith was out last year with blood clots.

What a difference a year makes.

I'm pretty excited honestly given how much better this line *should* be.

Whoever is QB will hopefully be feeding our RBs. All. Night. Long.

Last edited:
Not a single projected starter on our OL started last year. Wright's ankle is apparently better, and Morris is good to go on the other bookend. Obviously, Smith was out last year with blood clots.

Is it confirmed that Wright and Morris are good to go? If so, that's great news.

Did Carvin not start against Kentucky last year?

What will we do once JG's cast freezes over and he can't hand the off correctly because he has no feeling?

Wait a minute where did this come from. Who said the tackles were ready to go

He is a "Insider" apparently.

Really though, I think we will come into this game fairly healthy.

The guys who are back from last year are also improved.

A lot of people didn't want to hear it but this is pure Butch Jones. He thought he was going to reinvent offense in the SEC... along with a lot of other things. He specifically wanted a S&C program that built players to a certain specification. He thought stupidly that UT could have OL's light enough that their difference in quickness would beat big DL's in the SEC... who are also quick.

I didn't like it but Fulmer said it would take a couple of years to undo the harm. He was right.

If JG is in you can count on that. I hope they don't even call passing plays for him. He will get eaten alive and make more terrible passes which will display his poor lack of QB ability.

If you want a tough QB that can take several hits and sacks and throw interceptions but gets right back up so he can do it again, JG is your guy!

Let's hope he does nothing but feed the RBs.

Go VOLS!!!

Reactions: RollerVol
The guys who are back from last year are also improved.

A lot of people didn't want to hear it but this is pure Butch Jones. He thought he was going to reinvent offense in the SEC... along with a lot of other things. He specifically wanted a S&C program that built players to a certain specification. He thought stupidly that UT could have OL's light enough that their difference in quickness would beat big DL's in the SEC... who are also quick.

I didn't like it but Fulmer said it would take a couple of years to undo the harm. He was right.

That was one of Butch's biggest mistakes, thinking that his lighter and supposedly quicker scheme could compete with the bulldozers of the SEC OL's. That probably works in a mid-major like Cincy and having someone as slippery as Dobbs camouflaged its shortcomings for awhile. When you see Pruitt getting 6'5" 379lb OL commits, however, you know there is a MAJOR change in philosophy at the line. And yeah, it takes time to change from a flexible wall into an iron bulwark

What will we do once JG's cast freezes over and he can't hand the off correctly because he has no feeling?
Judging by the way he was holding his hand on the sidelines last week it’ll be about the same frozen or not. Every time they showed him on the side line it looked like he had a mannequin hand attaches to his wrist.

Don't forget Brandon Kennedy, he's a bit under the radar, but was in the two deep at bammer and started a few games there, went down with an injury last year in the first game and was out for the season. I think he and Smith were our two best last year, missed the UK game and are back, plus as the OP says we have Morris and Wright. Line looking very good!

OP also did not mention a very big piece, UK lost two DL starters , including the overall no 7 pick in the NFL draft. They have two starters and some experienced backups back, who now have 8 games under their belt, but still are down a notch. I too am looking forward to seeing how the matchup plays this year. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Remy and RollerVol
If JG is in you can count on that. I hope they don't even call passing plays for him. He will get eaten alive and make more terrible passes which will display his poor lack of QB ability.

If you want a tough QB that can take several hits and sacks and throw interceptions but gets right back up so he can do it again, JG is your guy!

Go VOLS!!!
UTQBStats.PNG

Go VOLS!!!

Do you think before you post, just asking, because we will need JG to win in Lexington

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
It will definitely be a war in the trenches Sat. night. I like our chances. I do hope Maurer can hit some strikes down the field - our receivers vs their defensive backs is where I see our biggest advantage.
We have enormous advantages at every position

Where did you get the news that Wright and Morris are healthy?

According to Fingers practice report on Wednesday, Wright had practiced but was doubtful for Saturday. Morris was a non participant. I hope something changes drastically between Wed and Sat. Hopefully Carvin, Calbert et al can hold their own vs KY.

Go VOLS!!!
Weak

VN Store

Back