UT Sports on Alexus Dye contract

Why does the coach refer to her as an undersized post? Surely they understand she is a wing!
She doesn't handle the ball or pass the ball near well enough to be a guard. And she has no ability to shoot from beyond the 3pt line right now. She is absolutely a post player.

Last edited:
They have Alyssa Thomas, tbh if they like that type of play and want someone similar with a similar skillset for when she sits… Dye would be nice there
Dye and Thomas are totally different players. Thomas has solid handle for a post, plays tenacious defense, and is an excellent facilitator. I don't think there's much comparison, other than rebounding...and it's yet to be determined if Dye's rebounding game will translate to the W.

Dye and Thomas are totally different players. Thomas has solid handle for a post, plays tenacious defense, and is an excellent facilitator. I don't think there's much comparison, other than rebounding...and it's yet to be determined if Dye's rebounding game will translate to the W.

Rebounding and the way she scores, though I think Dye is a better midrange shooter. AT is a great defender(which I think is her motor) and passer and I think that’s the difference in what Dye would need to do(outside of expanding her range) in order to be successful long term. She’s not her necessarily but would be a good piece to learn from and develop under, of course the W isn’t the place for development for most players so there’s that. And definitely Alyssa Thomas is Elite so it’s not to say that Dye today is AT or will ever be

Alexus will make about 1150 dollars a week until she either makes the team and that continues or she is cut. NBA players make over 18000 for the same gig weekly. I hope eventually they can get WNBA players up to 3000 a week minimum. If they need to extend the amount of game played so be it. I think you could fit in a 50 game season which would then generate more revenue and raise salaries.

Alexus will make about 1150 dollars a week until she either makes the team and that continues or she is cut. NBA players make over 18000 for the same gig weekly. I hope eventually they can get WNBA players up to 3000 a week minimum. If they need to extend the amount of game played so be it. I think you could fit in a 50 game season which would then generate more revenue and raise salaries.

Thanks for digging up that information for us.

Thank you for that information. I was curious about that. At least she will be able to make ends meet for a bit, work on her game, and hopefully get signed somewhere. If not she has a career overseas and anyone who gets her will be lucky to have her.....

That was too fast. Feel like she did not get a fair chance.
Undrafted rookies signed to a training camp rarely do. Her and another girl got waived within days of showing up to camp. In fairness, we all know how competitive it is to make a roster. CT had 20+ players competing for likely 11 roster spots. The cuts will come fast and furious from this point.

VN Store

Back