UT @ SEC Media Days Thread

I thought the SEC Network guys made a good point: Fill up enough time that you don't have to answer a ton of questions. Pruitt isn't stupid. He laid out a lot of what they're trying to do, how they're going about building it, and did a good job selling the program. Spears was gushing about him. I like it. Very confident and concise.

Having 2 guys over 300lbs last year compared to 15this year should tell us all we need to know about the condition of the program.I love how he took almost his whole 30 mins to promote the brand,his coaching staff,knew each players name.Really impressed he’s worked on his media presence and u can tell.

I thought that was the best public speaking I’ve ever seen Pruitt do. Very energetic, very engaging. I liked his confidence. It didn’t feel manufactured at all.
I've always thought he was a decent public speaker---I think he's very comfortable doing it when he needs to--especially if it helps recruiting. But I think he just hates the fluff things--like doing the JP Show, after game pressers, and the other media that doesn't necessarily help his football team win games. Don't get me wrong--I've always enjoyed the coaches show after games but when you're losing it would be a horrible thing to "have to do". When you're used to having success in football I know it would be very hard to hide your frustrations in those situations. That's why I love this guy. He's all about the game.

Last edited:
I have had SEC media day on the tv almost all day. Have the talking heads talked at all about Tennessee?? As soon as Pruitt was done talking they moved on to TAMU.

Having 2 guys over 300lbs last year compared to 15this year should tell us all we need to know about the condition of the program.I love how he took almost his whole 30 mins to promote the brand,his coaching staff,knew each players name.Really impressed he’s worked on his media presence and u can tell.
Look, not trying to rain on anybody’s parade here because I have ZERO, ZERO doubt that this year’s team is bigger, stronger and healthier thanks to Pruitt, Fitz and his S&C staff. And kudos to them.

However, if you google last year’s roster, you’ll count 16-17 players that were 300+ lbs. In fact, adding all our OLs alone, they averaged around 305lbs per player.

So, hopefully we’ll maybe have 20+ guys over 300 this year since we had several returning players in the 290s last year and we should’ve gotten bigger through our last recruiting class as well.

Last edited:
Look, not trying to rain on anybody’s parade here because I have ZERO, ZERO doubt that this year’s team is bigger, stronger and healthier thanks to Pruitt, Fitz and his S&C staff. And kudos to them.

However, if you google last year’s roster, you’ll count 16-17 players that were 300+ lbs. In fact, adding all our OLs alone, they averaged around 305lbs per player.

So, hopefully we’ll maybe have 20+ guys over 300 this year since we had several returning players in the 290s last year and we should’ve gotten bigger through our last recruiting class as well.
LoL at people that say not trying to say anything bad but.....

If you're going to call someone out have the balls to do it and quit pussyfooting around

Because no school ever exaggerates height and weight of their players. Lol

He said "on the OL" and "this time last year".
Could still be some exaggeration, not sure, but it's not uncommon for players that weigh 304-310 to drop to 290 - 295 in mid summer.

Would explain it but I'm not guaranteeing.

Reactions: Bret178

I would think he meant on the o-line but could be wrong

He said we had a couple 300+ pounders last year on the line, this year there are 16. Shortest presser 21 minutes.

You need to tweet coach you found a flaw in his analysis.

VN Store

Back