'20 UT SDE Van Fillinger (Utah commit)

Yeah 250lbs will work really well against a 320lb offensive guard. That’s about average size for the SEC. he’s an edge rusher, a la Darrell Taylor
Hes gonna add weight. Justin Tuck spent years as a 3-4 end at 6’5 265-270. This kid is built for that.

Yeah and he’s an OLB. Exactly the position I said to put him at. OLB and Edge rusher are basically the same thing in a 3-4
I could totally be wrong to. Some will depend how he fills out with weight program to. The good thing is he could be used in either scenario. Either way kids a football player

Ala Malik Jackson. Dude probably played every DL position while he was in Knoxville. Just kept filling out

Do we have any chance at this kid? Man what a get he would be. What concerns me the most is Utah being a good program. Especially this season

Ala Malik Jackson. Dude probably played every DL position while he was in Knoxville. Just kept filling out
That’s a good comparison. I remember when he got here he basically had to move everywhere because he was the best defensive lineman on the team. But this kid has the strength and agility to be able to play inside and outside when needed.

Hope his desire to play DE works for us.

Reactions: VOLNPA
D_yp16LWsAImTnS.jpg
Yeah just 16 when he did the opening this year. So plenty of time to grow even bigger.

VN Store

Back