UT paying Kevin Steele $450,000/year

If Pruitt is fired then it is set up to multiply that by 10 for 4 years then after a 5-7 or 6-6 season add 2 more years and $ 500,000 more to that ........makes perfect sense. He is a VFL so many will be happy no matter what. It is who we are and what we do, settle for less and overpay for what we get.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
Once a person gives, pays or donates that money is no longer there's. If a person doesn't like the way the university is spending money stop contributing to the university. It's simple and you're stupid
How absurd. Before you call someone stupid, work on your logic and spelling. I'll disengage at this point. Damn BeardedVol--start this, then disappear.

đŸ–•đŸ»you can get one as well

So is anyone in the world “allowed” to complain about anything?

If your internet is slow.......can you complain?
If the brand new refrigerator you just bought suddenly went on the fritz......can you complain? Can you even ask for a replacement (if you don’t have a warranty?

803E2B64-2026-4ED4-AE24-0F3385806F41.jpeg

Ok Internet tough guy.

So is anyone in the world “allowed” to complain about anything?

If your internet is slow.......can you complain?
If the brand new refrigerator you just bought suddenly went on the fritz......can you complain? Can you even ask for a replacement (if you don’t have a warranty?

View attachment 338752

Ok Internet tough guy.
I'm actually a real life tough guy to be honest

Reactions: LittleVol
Once a person gives, pays or donates that money is no longer there's. If a person doesn't like the way the university is spending money stop contributing to the university. It's simple and you're stupid

Fulmer is an employee of the University of Tennessee and as a taxpayer in this state, I have the ability to point out Fulmer isn't fulfilling his fiduciary duty in my eyes. I know my opinion and $$$ don't mean jack squat but if enough people come to that same conclusion.....

Reactions: DonDiego
Fulmer is an employee of the University of Tennessee and as a taxpayer in this state, I have the ability to point out Fulmer isn't fulfilling his fiduciary duty in my eyes. I know my opinion and $$$ don't mean jack squat but if enough people come to that same conclusion.....
And yet 450k is going to be paid regardless

The UTAD is in the financial position they are in today because of this thought process. They have the lowest athletic department revenue growth since 2007 of any school in the SEC (by a pretty wide margin).

Personally, as a % of my income, I contribute far less today than 2007. Judging by the financial statements, I'm not the only one. The continued mismanagement of the UTAD and the subpar product is what's causing that. You can see it when comparing the revenue growth to other SEC schools.

Why didn't we pay him the Butch rate of $35K and let the barn pick up the balance?
I wonder if there isn't some sort of market value clause written into the offsetting language in the buyout portion of the contract.

Butch was hired as an analyst and restricted to the duties and abilities of an analyst, therefore was paid the market rate for an analyst by Bama which only helped to slightly offset the Tennessee buyout.

Steele being hired as an on-field assistant who is allowed to go on the road recruiting and do the things a full-time staff member can do likely means we had to pay him market value for a LB coach in the SEC, or AU was off the hook, financially.

That's just a theory. Not sure if it is accurate, or not, but I'd be curious to know.

I wonder if there isn't some sort of market value clause written into the offsetting language in the buyout portion of the contract.

Butch was hired as an analyst and restricted to the duties and abilities of an analyst, therefore was paid the market rate for an analyst by Bama which only helped to slightly offset the Tennessee buyout.

Steele being hired as an on-field assistant who is allowed to go on the road recruiting and do the things a full-time staff member can do likely means we had to pay him market value for a LB coach in the SEC, or AU was off the hook, financially.

That's just a theory. Not sure if it is accurate, or not, but I'd be curious to know.

That's correct; however, there are some position coaches in the SEC who make high 2s and low 3s....If you paid him $325K, you would save a quarter million over 2 years....With an athletic department with a measly reserve, every little bit helps....

Reactions: DonDiego
The UTAD is in the financial position they are in today because of this thought process. They have the lowest athletic department revenue growth since 2007 of any school in the SEC (by a pretty wide margin).

Personally, as a % of my income, I contribute far less today than 2007. Judging by the financial statements, I'm not the only one. The continued mismanagement of the UTAD and the subpar product is what's causing that. You can see it when comparing the revenue growth to other SEC schools.
I never said they aren't making poor financial decisions. With that being said paying 450k to this coach isn't one of them in my opinion.

I never said they aren't making poor financial decisions. With that being said paying 450k to this coach isn't one of them in my opinion.

Fair point. I think Steele is worth the money and will help this staff. I like this hire much more than anybody Pruitt hired last offseason In the grand scheme of things, we're arguing over rounding in the financial statements.

I'm actually a real life tough guy to be honest
Fine. I'll ask

Tell me about your feats.

Just one.
For example i was in Thailand about 7 years ago, and these 3 guys tried to rob me. Little guys. I used an Art of War tactic.
- I ran away upon being threatened. The lead one separated from his compadres too fast. I quickly turned around and attacked. One hitta quitta. The other 2 saw their buddy splayed out and it distracted them. I hit one with a right hook to the temple. He went blind. The other one tried to slice me, but dodged him. I ended up with the knife anyway. ...

Hey man don't let these people get to you. 😊.

There are 514 P5 assistant coaches in the USA today database (this includes coordinators) - Note, this does not include private schools and one would think they would have a higher % of lower paid coaches. If you back out coordinators, there's about 400 coaches left. 190 of them make $350K or less and over 130 make $300K or less. You see a lot of coaches in the sub $300K range that were at prior jobs but were let go.

People who pay taxes, buy tickets, make donations, watch games on TV pay it. You don't know what I contribute jackwad.

I actually like the Steele hire. I just get sick of hearing how we have no $$$ and we could have saved $300K there in a blink of an eye.

I thought the UTAD was funded though donations, TV revenue, merchandising, etc. Not from taxes.

VN Store

Back