UT paying Kevin Steele $450,000/year

cobbwebb0710

Plowman/Boyd 2024
Bama offers much more than money which offsets their salary. Work with and gain insight to the machine, coaching 5 stars everywhere, be part of a national championship, work for the greatest college in the game's history, coach rehab.

We cannot offer any of those things.
But can they spray paint witty sayings on a rock?!
🤔
GBO!!

Raebo

The athletic department is paying him, which is our money through donations, ticket purchases, etc. Yes big donors give more than I do but how do you think they made money? By not overpaying. Auburn is still paying Steele. Anything we pay is deducted from what Auburn pays him so Steele is not making more money no matter what we pay. Why not pay him $10,000 for example? Maybe there is a minimum we can pay him but I would like to know what that is and how we got to $450,000. Seems like we could have paid a lot less and Steele would be making the exact same amount.
Is this a fact or just a guess that whatever we pay him is deducted from what Auburn pays him??? Maybe his contract is like Pruitt's with no offset. I tried to find his contract with Auburn on the internet but couldn't find it.

DonDiego

La Vida es el Mar
Getting a $2.5 mil DC and elite ILB’s coach for less than a half a mil. I don’t have an issue with it.
I probably just don't understand the mechanics of it. My understanding is Auburn still owes him for two years @ 2.5 mil per year. If he has any kind of mitigation terminology in the contract, then what he is receiving from Auburn is reduced by our salary. Why not pay him as little as possible and let Auburn foot more of his pay? It's not like they wouldn't do it to us, and I'm thinking we did something similar with Tee and USC.

Raebo

The athletic department is paying him, which is our money through donations, ticket purchases, etc. Yes big donors give more than I do but how do you think they made money? By not overpaying. Auburn is still paying Steele. Anything we pay is deducted from what Auburn pays him so Steele is not making more money no matter what we pay. Why not pay him $10,000 for example? Maybe there is a minimum we can pay him but I would like to know what that is and how we got to $450,000. Seems like we could have paid a lot less and Steele would be making the exact same amount.
His Auburn contract states if fired he must seek employment at fair market value. That amount is then deducted from what Auburn pays him.

DaddyChad

Hard to argue against that.

We needed to clean house. But since Pruitt is staying, Kevin Steele is actually a very good addition.

If Pruitt had any sense he'd let Steele and Ansley get the defense right, and he and Chaney spend a week traveling around the country and learning new skills for the offense this off-season.
Pruitt needs to be nowhere near the offense. I would tell Chaney to hire whoever he wants but to get it right. I think our whole issue was how much Pruitt controlled the offense this past season.

VolBallGuy

Fine. I'll ask

Tell me about your feats.

Just one.
For example i was in Thailand about 7 years ago, and these 3 guys tried to rob me. Little guys. I used an Art of War tactic.
- I ran away upon being threatened. The lead one separated from his compadres too fast. I quickly turned around and attacked. One hitta quitta. The other 2 saw their buddy splayed out and it distracted them. I hit one with a right hook to the temple. He went blind. The other one tried to slice me, but dodged him. I ended up with the knife anyway. ...

Hey man don't let these people get to you. 😊.
One time I beat up 46 Canadians with a tomato slice.

butchna

Sit down and tell me all about it...way over there
I probably just don't understand the mechanics of it. My understanding is Auburn still owes him for two years @ 2.5 mil per year. If he has any kind of mitigation terminology in the contract, then what he is receiving from Auburn is reduced by our salary. Why not pay him as little as possible and let Auburn foot more of his pay? It's not like they wouldn't do it to us, and I'm thinking we did something similar with Tee and USC.
Because you at least attempt to pay them what’s slotted. $30 k wasn’t lowballing for an analyst. Paying a DC that’s begging for Steele to be sued.

TartanTurff

Typical terrible deal by Fulmer, worst case scenario we should be splitting what Auburn is paying Steele on the buyout, instead we are lightening Auburn's load on a monthly basis, just foolish, the reason Saban paid Butch peanuts was because Tennessee was paying him in excess of $200,000 each month on the buy out, just sqandering money Fulmer, just pathetic

butchna

Sit down and tell me all about it...way over there
Typical terrible deal by Fulmer, worst case scenario we should be splitting what Auburn is paying Steele on the buyout, instead we are lightening Auburn's load on a monthly basis, just foolish, the reason Saban paid Butch peanuts was because Tennessee was paying him in excess of $200,000 each month on the buy out, just sqandering money Fulmer, just pathetic
If he had performed any kind of role for them, we could have sued for malfeasance. He was a stooge..we had no grounds. Steele is going to have quite an onfield role for us and they’re shelling out 2 mil a year.

vol73

Well ******* stop contributing
His. point is valid. You’re just being an ******* and you know it. If you think our money doesn’t mean something then see what happens if every fan stops going to the games. I’m guessing you’re one of those people that gets off on arguing and correcting people on social media. Get a life.

VN Store

Sponsors