UT Oklahoma game status?

dobre_shunka

I still have my flight, car and hotel reservations for that game but no tickets yet. I've been watching the ticket prices on the online resale sites for a few months and after slowly dropping for a while, they're back up in the past couple of weeks. Must still be a lot of optimism about it being played

IndianaVol

Old Timer, Quality Poster
I still have my flight, car and hotel reservations for that game but no tickets yet. I've been watching the ticket prices on the online resale sites for a few months and after slowly dropping for a while, they're back up in the past couple of weeks. Must still be a lot of optimism about it being played
Ticket prices might be reflecting the Law of Supply and Demand already.
Prices going back up in anticipation of a reduced supply ?

Wireless1

As of now, this matchup would be the marquee game of the week (Auburn vs UNC and Tx vs LSU would be cancelled as well) there will be enormous pressure to play it.

Last edited:

Volbackhomefromtx

I have four tickets but don't expect to be allowed to attend. If there are fans, I cannot imagine Oklahoma (or any home team except maybe Vandy) establishing a socially-distanced seating arrangement that permits away fans unless, as noted before, a Vol fan gets the ticket from an OU person.

garry123

The total number of deaths from cov19 in OK to date is 523. Over half of those over age 80. So roughly 262 under 80. The total number of traffic fatalities to date is 313. This is in a sparsely populated state of roughly 4,000,000 people. I think the odds are a reasonable analysis would indicate its ok to at least play. Life has its risk!

orangemadam

The total number of deaths from cov19 in OK to date is 523. Over half of those over age 80. So roughly 262 under 80. The total number of traffic fatalities to date is 313. This is in a sparsely populated state of roughly 4,000,000 people. I think the odds are a reasonable analysis would indicate its ok to at least play. Life has its risk!

Respectfully submitted - if you are one of the 262, it ain't good. Only a few people die of shark attacks, but I don't want to jump into a pool that has a couple of sharks in it.

garry123

Respectfully submitted - if you are one of the 262, it ain't good. Only a few people die of shark attacks, but I don't want to jump into a pool that has a couple of sharks in

Absolutely agree with your thoughts, but the odds are somewhat less than dying on the road but we don't stop driving - I know it just feels different.

CroKev

The Oldest Sport
Jack Ham, is that you?

Roustabout

What is the latest on the game at Oklahoma? Will this non-conference game be played with limited fan capacity? I had made plans to go to this game in Norman, so hopeful it will be played in front of fans
They haven’t called me to ask my opinion. You think anyone here knows?

chuckb1448

Soo..... you are saying the chances of dying in a crash trying to get to the game is greater than dying from the beer bug that has been blown out of proportion and has everyone running in fear?? Yes..... I agree 100%

VN Store

Sponsors