UT Not Happy LSU game Still at Night

Originally posted by hatvol96@Sep 12, 2005 4:18 PM
Red 55, what part of Louisiana do you live in? Do you know of any hot spots to hit in Lafayette?
[snapback]141466[/snapback]​

Randols seafood is a good place, as well as Lafayette's (restaurant and bar). LaFonda's is a really popular mexican restaurant & bar.

My in-laws are from Lafayette, so fortunately I'm covered. But word I'm getting is that hotels are booked to the hilt. I think this issue needs to be monitored over the next week or so.

Originally posted by OneBamaHater@Sep 12, 2005 5:04 PM
This has been most entertaining reading all the crying on this thread.  I am a long time lurker, but this one takes the cake. 

Just a little advice, Vol fans, put your big girl panties on and deal with it.
[snapback]141450[/snapback]​

Take yours off and get real

Originally posted by hatvol96@Sep 12, 2005 5:15 PM
Couldn't agree more.
[snapback]141463[/snapback]​

Good both of you agree your not UT fans

What I want to know is how many of these posters are actually going to the game?

I had a flight into New Orleans so that I could go see the game. My best friend and his family have been living with his mother-in-law in Lafayette LA since the hurricane because they had to evacute. He is a LSU fan and most of the LSU faithful want the game to be played as it was scheduled.

A week ago I rerouted my flight to Baton Rouge and have secured a hotel room in Lafayette.

You need to verify your hotel reservations. We have a bus load going down from Dallas and also had reservations in Lafayette until the LA governor canceled them for use by evacuees. :shakehead: :snoring:

For those not listening to Mike Hamilton's call on 99.1 this AM, the team does NOT currently have lodging next Saturday, and a contingency plan to fly down on Saturday is in place. The team would stay in the Crowne Plaza in Knoxville Friday night after walkthrough, fly to BR on Saturday, have the traditional "pregame meal," and go to the stadium. He said that he hopes things change, but there are certainly no guarantees.

Having never played organized football, any thoughts from those who have on how this might affect the team?

Originally posted by kiddiedoc@Sep 14, 2005 8:25 AM
For those not listening to Mike Hamilton's call on 99.1 this AM, the team does NOT currently have lodging next Saturday, and a contingency plan to fly down on Saturday is in place.  The team would stay in the Crowne Plaza in Knoxville Friday night after walkthrough, fly to BR on Saturday, have the traditional "pregame meal," and go to the stadium.  He said that he hopes things change, but there are certainly no guarantees.

Having never played organized football, any thoughts from those who have on how this might affect the team?
[snapback]142148[/snapback]​

Anything that is outside the normal routine is obviously a concern. Anyone that flys regularly can tell you that it is at least a little taxing. Having flown and played baseball in a short period of time, I think the adrenaline of a huge crowd and a big game should overcome any fatigue problems. My main concern would be ensuring we have a plane, or planes, that gives the players ample room so they don't get cramped and stiff.

I wouldn't be too concerned about ample room - I don't think they are flying a commercial airline. I think they will get there early enought to do a walk through and get loose - it'll all be ok - now let's go get some gator!!!!!

Originally posted by VOLracerx@Sep 14, 2005 8:45 AM
I wouldn't be too concerned about ample room - I don't think they are flying a commercial airline. I think they will get there early enought to do a walk through and get loose - it'll all be ok - now let's go get some gator!!!!!
[snapback]142152[/snapback]​

I hope you're right. For some reason, I was under the impression that we use Delta commercial planes for our charter flights.

you may be right- I would thin that they would at least charter a plane with enough room so that they aren't stacked ontop of each other

Originally posted by hatvol96@Sep 14, 2005 8:48 AM
I hope you're right. For some reason, I was under the impression that we use Delta commercial planes for our charter flights.
[snapback]142153[/snapback]​

You are correct. AD Hamilton said that we have a chartered Delta plane, as is the norm for UT. My guess would be that they have extra space on board, but I don't know for sure. At least it's not a long flight.

That being the case, it seems to me that it being a later/night game would help us. I'd think having to fly down in early AM would be a bigger problem, disrupting the overnight rest.

I think LSU is scum for using this tactic. Nothing is lower than using a national tradegy to your advantage..

scumbags

I hope we roll them 30-0 like fla did a couple years ago at lsu at night. That'll give them the normal feeling back in ba on a sat night.

Originally posted by Volunteers@Sep 14, 2005 10:41 AM
I think LSU is scum for using this tactic. Nothing is lower than using a national tradegy to your advantage..
You didn't read any of the responses in this thread did you? What "tactic"? LSU plays all of its home games at night, everybody knows it, and ESPN set the game time anyway, not LSU. What "advantage"? Is Tennessee incapable of playing a night game? How absurd.

I imagine we know a little more about this "tradegy" than you, bub. At least we can spell it.

Originally posted by red55@Sep 14, 2005 10:59 AM
..What "tactic"? LSU plays all of its home games at night, everybody knows it..
[snapback]142193[/snapback]​

The 'tactic' being referred to is forcing our team to travel on the day of the game.
[sarcasm] Dude, first you schedule UT at home then you bring that hurricane in to mess with lodging. You should have waited a few weeks to schedule the hurricane, at least until after the UT game.[/sarcasm]

Frankly, I don't see how playing a day game helps UT in any way whatsoever. They'd still end up traveling day of the game, just earlier.

Deal with it.

That is my response to UT fans complaining about this crap.

I can't even begin to tell people how pissed off I am that I hear UT fans taking advantage of this situation to get another home game.

BATON ROUGE IS NOT A FREAKIN WAR ZONE PEOPLE.

It is much more crowded then usual and traffic is a little more congested but their are hotel rooms available and many of FEMA's operations are moved to better areas throughout the area.

To those people that I have seen complaining just because you want another home game, I hope a hurricane like Katrina hits your house and inflicts the damage seen on TV to your place.

VN Store

Back