UT needs a Kicker, no one is groomed to replace Wilhoit

WA_Vol

I hope UT has a good kicker on the horizon, most likely UT will be forced to start a true freshmen, or make Colquitt do both.

We have 2 redshirting. Neither have stepped up and took the job, though. If Fulmer is forced to sign another this year, especially as thin as we are getting with our available schollys, then we may see Lincoln or Cunningham having their scholly pulled. We may also bring in a walk-on, which isn't uncommon with kickers.

what's his name? It's hard for me to believe that neither of the 2 has stepped up, but we have an entire offseason for that to resolve itself.

We have a walk-on trasferred from New Jersey last year. He would probably get a shot.

I thought the word on Lincoln was he is a bust and Colquett was currently listed as the back-up kicker (bad sign). Anyone know what the truth is?

Lincoln is redshirting so I don't see how he would be considered a bust yet. He has struggled, but give him until next year before calling him a bust.

There is a walkon kicker from Norway; Erik Bergvin. He'd never played football before enrolling at UT. Hopefully he will be a nice surprise.

I hope the attention to recruiting a solid PK is better than the attention spent on special teams......:peace2:

After watching the players run through the T, it shocked me that I felt our biggest loss was Wilhoit. He struggled with those 40-45 yarders early (yet was still kicking the 50 yarders w/ regularity), but he turned out to be one heck of a kicker for us. You can't put a value on how many times he stuck the kickoffs into the endzone. Fulmer and Co. better have someone lined up

Lincoln, Cunningham, or Colquitt will be able to fill in nicely. Lincoln or Cunningham will have their freshmen struggles if they start, but I'd say Colquitt might have problems to start off as well. It should be interesting.

We should just go the route that many high school teams do. Go for 2 every time and go for every 4th down.

I thought the word on Lincoln was he is a bust and Colquett was currently listed as the back-up kicker (bad sign). Anyone know what the truth is?

I believe that the biggest reason Britton was listed as backup was because of the road games. With Britton as the #2 guy, they could leave Lincoln at home and take somebody else.

VN Store

Back