UT/Montana great pay per view FAQ thread

I looked on the menu guide, and sure enough I saw the game plan on ch.455 and ppv on 456. I called back again, and they corrected it. I do not know how they kept messing that up, but thanks to your post, I got them to correct it. THANKS!:salute:
Anytime.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I cannot get ESPN 3...I am looking for a stream online on my PC...thanks everyone...Tennessean in Texas....

I'm probably going to get banned for this post, so read it while you can. Lots of good info if you are still unsure about how to watch the game or if you just don't have the $ to spend on the PPV. Below is my fix for helping out the economy. :matrix:

Option 1:
If you are not in TN either go to Watch Live Sports Events and ESPN Programs Online and on Mobile Applications - WatchESPN or if you have a Xbox360 w/ Xbox Live, just go to the ESPN tab, download the software on your Xbox and enjoy. Not sure if it is blacked out in TN through Xbox Live.

Option 2:
I know this is an LSU site, but it has some good info on it.
HOW TO WATCH ON ESPN3 IF BLACKED OUT @ TigerDroppings.com

Option 3:
(NOTE--I have not tried this yet, but I have heard of people having very good success with it.)
Simply sign up for an account and do a search. Some feeds are good, some not so good. It's free, so you get what you pay for.
Justin.tv - Streaming live video broadcasts for everyone

Option 4:
If you are in TN then you can also download a proxy-server. This will forward your IP to another state to make it look like you are not in TN, thus it will not be blacked out to you online. Technically you won't be connecting to a computer in TN, so you can look at it that way if it makes you feel better. If you do not understand anything I said in the last couple of sentences then you probably shouldn't try this option. Here's the link Proxy Servers

Last edited:
you should be able to look up "pay-per-view" under main menu with your remote and check out the local listings.

Need some help VN. We've been invited to watch the game tonight at 6 at my buddy's house, but I don't want to miss the bigger games that start around 8:15 (LSU v. ORE/ UGA v. BSU).

I can't remember from last year, but how long do these PPV games last? It probably won't matter once we're up 50-3 with 5 min. left in the 3rd quarter, but still would like to know.

Football is finally here!

Usually around 1.5 - 2 hours. There are very few media timeouts so they tend to go faster. Should be done in plenty of time to watch LSU and Oregon and Boise and UGA.

Ok. I jusst installed Hotspot shield, and then checked on ESPN3 for the blackout info. Before the install it said I was in the area subject to blackout, but now it says I am not subject to blackout. If you need a way to watch the game, google hotspot shield and install this program. Takes about 5 minutes to download and install, and from then on there will be no blackouts for games.

Usually around 1.5 - 2 hours. There are very few media timeouts so they tend to go faster. Should be done in plenty of time to watch LSU and Oregon and Boise and UGA.

:eek:lol:

Not all the media timeouts but the game will still be close to 3 hours.

Maybe a little shorter than your average ESPN game, but not by much. Hopefully it's a blowout, because I don't have a DVR to record the LSU and UGA games.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back