UT jersey retirement requirements

The NFL requirement doesnt exist anymore. Changed the requirement a few years ago. Johnny Majors doesnt have any pro football credentials for instance. What is reported on UTSports.com is exactly the criteria.

Reactions: Coach_Z
With Grant Williams in line to have his jersey retired in basketball, who is next in football to have theirs retired?

Tennessee Retired Jerseys
why can't they honor players with their jersey numbers, like a UT HOF or ring of honor and not retire the jersey. Stud QB's would die to wear 16...or DL's 92, etc. I know it honors the player, but I really don't care for players never being able to wear the numbers again. For example, Crouch wearing 27 squarely puts him in the honor of "big shoes to fill" category...and I think that's cool.

Reactions: gnm53108
I’m of the opinion that Rudy Klarer,Bill Nowling, Willis Tucker and Clyde Fuson are the only ones that should be retired. They are the ultimate Volunteers.
Agreed, should have never changed that. Retire jerseys or just don't ever issue certain numbers.

Maybe that's why they started giving them streets instead.
Why not create a ring of honor that doesn't have retired numbers in it? Hang the B-Ball players jerseys from the rafters.....put the Football players along the top of the stadium or something.

Eric Berry meets 3 of the 5 criteria. He can't help it the team wasn't that great. He was. 14 should be retired.

VN Store

Back