UT in Music City to play Purdue

Win?

• Yes

Votes: 461 90.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 9.3%

• Total voters
Yes, I really think so. Let's be real; the SEC only plays 8 league and play the absolute worst out of schedule conference. Most SEC teams can get to four wins fairy easy. But, the SEC is still the best conference overall.
Tenn/Pitt
Bama/Miami
Ole Miss/Louisville
Arkansas/Texas
LSU/UCLA
Georgia/Clemson
Mizzou/BC
Auburn/Penn State

I’m sure there are others. What else do you want ooc? It’s not as easy as Bama scheduling Ohio State, Michigan, Cincy, ND as their 4 ooc games every year.

The good news is we can get 3 weeks extra practice. Will probably be a good game to watch on TV. Other than that, meh.

Almost as lame os some of our "fans"

Ok not really cause that would take epic effort to equal some "fans" lamness.

With that siad...its not the bowl i was hoping for but is the bowl i will be attending.
It is things like crappy bowls that creates lame fans.

A few years ago, Purdue played Auburn in the MC bowl:
I know for a fact our defense is not in the same as that Auburn defense. That created a lot of those scores and shut down Purdue.

I hope our replacements for Alontae and Velus show up, or I will be very hesitant to buy Bowl tickets ever again.

In Tennessee there is a good chance it will be 77 and sunny. We don’t have “winter” here
50/50
I may have to borrow cold weather UT Orange for my new wife. She only has lighter stuff and lingerie.

Tenn/Pitt
Bama/Miami
Ole Miss/Louisville
Arkansas/Texas
LSU/UCLA
Georgia/Clemson
Mizzou/BC
Auburn/Penn State

I’m sure there are others. What else do you want ooc? It’s not as easy as Bama scheduling Ohio State, Michigan, Cincy, ND as their 4 ooc games every year.
And some of the other ''sister of the poor", Mercer, New Mexico State, Georgia Southern, Arkansas-Pine Bluff, Rice, Alabama State, McNeese, ULM, Tennessee State, Austin Peay, New Mexico, Prairie View A&M, Samford, UAB, Charleston Southern, Chattanooga, Southeast Missouri, Eastern Illinois, ETSU, UCONN, Tennessee Tech, South Alabama; just to name a few...........

Exactly! Nashville is a horrible bowl venue.

You want horrible... Birmingham, Shreveport, El Paso, Boston in late Dec (cold & expensive for fans), NYC in late Dec (cold & expensive for fans), Detroit (anytime), Montgomery, Boise (try to get there & pay for a second bag for your winter coats), Conway, Mobile, and, just because of history, I'm not too high on the Peach Bowl location either

Sure, a Florida location might have been nice, but not the Gator. Been there, done that Jan 2nd, 2020;, fun, but I'm not going to Jax twice in a row

Nashville will be Vol Fan Friendly, Middle Tennessee Recruit Friendly, pre & post Game Friendly, Music Friendly, PBR & Jack Friendly and I'll take any local advantage I can get to end up 8-5 after the mess Cornbread left us

7-5 gets you the music city bowl. Thank your other SEC constituents for having better records if you think we deserve a better bowl.

Payout for MCB at 5.7 mil is a million more than Liberty, million more that Dukes and about a half mil more than Gator. The 6-6 teams payouts seem to be about 4 million LESS. So let's be thankful.... Some NON SEC schools at 7-5 did better....

link to payouts

Our expenses will drastically less and believe we can invite recruits to local sites, not to mention the good press potential if the LOYAL portion of the fanbase buys up a bunch of tickets and has another VOL Walk in beautiful downtown Nashville. Average temperature is 49 degrees and the 2:00 central game time let's us benefit from the days highs. Not to mention the forecasts that end the 20th are about ten degrees higher.... we can hope for the trends to stay up.... there is always the risk of sleet too I guess if you prefer that mind set.

Screw you, it’s an opinion think we deserve better.
The SEC sorts out all the 2nd and 3rd tier bowls with ticket sales being a major consideration. Deserving ain’t got much to do with it. And who do we bump anyway? 9-3 Kentucky, 8-4 Texas A&M, or 8-4 Arkansas? Those 3 will bring at least as many fans as we do.

Now focus on winning the game and grabbing some recruiting momentum.

VN Store

Back