UT in Music City to play Purdue

Win?

• Yes

Votes: 461 90.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 9.3%

• Total voters
You ended up there, yet started by informing us that Purdue is a horrible matchup for us?
I just did a complete look at their season in whole yea they have the big wins against Iowa and Sparty but they have some bad losses too worse than our losses. We can win this game.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
You ended up there, yet started by informing us that Purdue is a horrible matchup for us?
I wouldn’t say horrible, but they have they 8th ranked passing offense in the country while Tennessee has the 103rd ranked passing defense. Problem for Purdue is I don’t think they would be able to stop Tennessee either.

Not excited about the "stature" of our opponent, but they did beat Iowa on the road plus Michigan State.
It is what it is. Go Big Orange!!!
I was wanting a Penn St or Clemson or VaTech match up, however, I think JH and staff can use the in-state bowl game exposure to grow our brand in TN and also spend more time in middle TN with 2023 targets...

I wouldn’t say horrible, but they have they 8th ranked passing offense in the country while Tennessee has the 103rd ranked passing defense. Problem for Purdue is I don’t think they would be able to stop Tennessee either.
It should be a high scoring game and exciting. However I would’ve rather played Penn. St or Wisconsin.

Screw you, it’s an opinion think we deserve better.
Not really. Unless you consider the Dukes Mayo Bowl more prestigious than the Music City. The Citrus, Outback, and Gator are the only bowls that are more highly thought of than the Music City. Those bowls are getting teams that had better seasons than Tennessee.

Just amazed at fans who have already forgotten where we've just been and come from with the likes of Dooley, Butch and Pruitt. One would think any bowl and any opponent would be celebrated by fans of a program that's pretty much been forgotten by CFB. Hell, it's been pretty difficult to even make a bowl of late.

I'd be willing to bet that Heupel is pretty damned happy to be in the Music City bowl. He's chomping at the bit to schmooze with all that mid-state talent that we so desperately want choosing UT in the years to come. We hopefully snap up all the tickets we can and turn it into a home game for us. That's gonna paint a really nice picture for the recruits and their families.

I'm pretty stoked to be in Nashville for our bowl game. No complaints from this fan.

Went to the Music City Bowl a few years back when we played Nebraska. Twas definitely cold but Josh Dobbs warmed those Cornhuskers up pretty good!

Reactions: CurtWatson31

VN Store

Back