UT in Music City to play Purdue

Win?

• Yes

Votes: 461 90.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 9.3%

• Total voters
UT couldn't beat Florida, Pitt, or Ole Miss but folks on here think UT would destroy Michigan State and Iowa. SMH.

Don't give me the "it was a different team, the refs," or "if Hooker starts" garbage. Those are lame excuses, there are only valid reasons and we all know what they were. Folks think UT would just start executing flawlessly and a BIG 10 team isn't going to run it down the throats of UT's weak defense. It'd be like the UK game except MSU and UI makes the tackle. They have better players.

Kind of like the SEC?

Lol, let’s revisit this when the SEC sets the record for bowl wins. Again. Already broke the bowl attendance record with THIRTEEN BOWL TEAMS. South Carolina is really the only team that I would bet on to lose.

Just because the SEC cannibalizes itself doesn’t mean it isn’t vastly superior to the other conferences. You’ve got 6-6 Auburn favored over an 11 win Houston team for God’s sake. One of the worst Auburn teams I’ve seen this decade and they’re favored by 4 over a historically good Houston team.

Reactions: TennVols12
This game won't be close to a sell out. Probably can scalp good seats for face or less. Did that in Tampa for the Outback a few years back and again in Jacksonville for the Gator in 2019.
Yeah buddy, if it wasn’t a hot ticket, tickets wouldn’t be so high. It’s called supply and demand.

this is the matchup i wanted the least and not because of luster. imo, they're a bigger stronger wake with more to prove. recently, we've played well against the ground n' pound offenses of the big 10. but i dont know if our defense is ready to go up against their offense. on the other side of the ball, their defense has held all opponents to less than 30 points in every game except for two (ohio state and wisconsin). we've allowed +30 points in six games this season. i don't like this matchup. i was hoping for minnesota out of the big10 or any acc opponent...

UT couldn't beat Florida, Pitt, or Ole Miss but folks on here think UT would destroy Michigan State and Iowa. SMH.

Don't give me the "it was a different team, the refs," or "if Hooker starts" garbage. Those are lame excuses, there are only valid reasons and we all know what they were. Folks think UT would just start executing flawlessly and a BIG 10 team isn't going to run it down the throats of UT's weak defense. It'd be like the UK game except MSU and UI makes the tackle. They have better players.

We've beaten Big Ten teams in our past 4 Bowls. With the exception of Indiana, we won easily and it was due to our being for more athletic and faster. We ought not get overconfident and that streak will end sometime but it's no secret why UT fans are so confident

this is the matchup i wanted the least and not because of luster. imo, they're a bigger stronger wake with more to prove. recently, we've played well against the ground n' pound offenses of the big 10. but i dont know if our defense is ready to go up against their offense. on the other side of the ball, their defense has held all opponents to less than 30 points in every game except for two (ohio state and wisconsin). we've allowed +30 points in six games this season. i don't like this matchup. i was hoping for minnesota out of the big10 or any acc opponent...

I think Penn State would have been a much tougher opponent. That's who I wanted the least. In games where their starting QB Clifford played, they were top of their comference

The fact that you included Ole Miss as an example of a top team we couldn't beat tells me all I need to know about your garbage opinion.

I think we win this game, but it will be by a special teams play (FG, punt return, etc.).
It should be a good game both teams match up well across the board.
Brohm (Purdue's coach) has experience in a tempo offense so he has some idea of how to defend.

Tenn/Pitt
Bama/Miami
Ole Miss/Louisville
Arkansas/Texas
LSU/UCLA
Georgia/Clemson
Mizzou/BC
Auburn/Penn State

I’m sure there are others. What else do you want ooc? It’s not as easy as Bama scheduling Ohio State, Michigan, Cincy, ND as their 4 ooc games every year.

Vandy/Stanford
Kentucky/Louisville
Miss State/NC State
Florida/Florida State
South Carolina/Clemson
Texas A&M/Colorado

Reactions: TennVols12
There should be a rule for bowl games, not CFP games, that Bowls aren't allowed to have in-state teams. This is a very underwhelming bowl. But oh well, GBO.
So how would that work for a team that is in playoffs, that happens to be playing in a bowl that is in their home state? Loop hole, or the bowl has to find a new location?

There should be a rule for bowl games, not CFP games, that Bowls aren't allowed to have in-state teams. This is a very underwhelming bowl. But oh well, GBO.
Ehhh it’s gotten more prestige over the years. Plus Nashville is a happening town. Good for the fans and teams.

Yeah buddy, if it wasn’t a hot ticket, tickets wouldn’t be so high. It’s called supply and demand.

Unless its one of the Playoff games, bowl games seldom sellout. Moreover, many of the tickets "sold" are actually the participating schools required allotment (which seldom gets completely resold to fans) and the Corporate sponsers allotment which never gets sold through. So there are always tickets available from scalpers who have bought these surpluses and are reselling them. You will find many on the resell sites, stubhub, etc. but there will also be many on the street at the game. Some people don't like dealing with the guys on the street (personnally I love to haggle ;)) so the reseller sites will work but you're also paying a fee for the "convenience" which can be pretty hefty. The closer to the game the prices usually go down so its best to wait if you're going through one of the online resellers. I got tickets for the Outback game against Northwestern for less than face on the street (lower level $50.00) and then moved to the 50 yardline once the game was underway. Look at the stands during the telecast of the bowl games, there will be plenty of empty seats. But hey if you want to pay Ticket Master $580.00 (including fees) for a pair its your money.

The fact that you included Ole Miss as an example of a top team we couldn't beat tells me all I need to know about your garbage opinion.
I never said they were a "top team" just that UT lost to them. I guess facts are garbage in your mind.

We've beaten Big Ten teams in our past 4 Bowls. With the exception of Indiana, we won easily and it was due to our being for more athletic and faster. We ought not get overconfident and that streak will end sometime but it's no secret why UT fans are so confident
We're talking about two 10-2 teams that were both ranked in the top five at some point this season, not some middle tier 7-5 or 8-4 Big 10 teams UT beat in the past.

Vandy/Stanford
Kentucky/Louisville
Miss State/NC State
Florida/Florida State
South Carolina/Clemson
Texas A&M/Colorado
I knew there were more…the guy I replied to doesn’t understand that everyone has cupcakes, EVERYONE, except for those cupcakes themselves. It’s a media narrative that he chooses to listen to that tells him that only when Tenn is playing TennTech or Bama is playing Mercer.

Reactions: Halph66

VN Store

Back