'20 UT ILB Noah Sewell (Oregon commit)

ahh a tale as old as time.... insider says "good shape" volnation thinks "vol lock", when recruit picks the other team, the insider is crucified for being "fake news". New information comes out about different prospect from insider, is verified as correct, trolls no where to be found. Rinse repeat in every thread.
I am curious, was it the same dudes who threw shade at you when you had information?

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Quick guesstimate of what percentage of kids commit and enroll to a school they never take an OV to? I know it’s happened, but less than 1% would be my guess.

Why are we still even commenting on this kid? Crystal balls to 50/50 Oregon and GA on rivals, and we don't even crack the top 5 on 247 🤦
You don't stop recruiting until they've signed the paper. Sewell is a good enough player that you never stop trying. Is it a longshot? Probably, but so is playing the lottery, and yet people keep playing.

If for some reason we do have an opening on the defensive coaching staff, Tosh would be a big hire if we could get him. Would help tremendously recruiting Polynesian kids.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
If for some reason we do have an opening on the defensive coaching staff, Tosh would be a big hire if we could get him. Would help tremendously recruiting Polynesian kids.
Why would Tosh give up an NFL gig to come down to TN, sit behind Pruitt AND Ansley as DC, not calling plays, and waste his life recruiting again?

I don't see the dots that are theoretically supposed to connect for this to be a lucrative offer for him... if he wanted that he'd have stayed at Bama

Why would Tosh give up an NFL gig to come down to TN, sit behind Pruitt AND Ansley as DC, not calling plays, and waste his life recruiting again?

I don't see the dots that are theoretically supposed to connect for this to be a lucrative offer for him... if he wanted that he'd have stayed at Bama
Not everyone likes the NFL, Derrick Ansley came back to college didn’t he? Who would have thought this time last year we would have him as our DC?

Tosh would not likely end up here but it’s not as far fetched for him to come back to college ball as you think it is.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga

Well, if he doesn't like the NFL, prefers college kids, enjoys working with Pruitt and Ansley,.... We don't know what he likes.

Not everyone likes the NFL, Derrick Ansley came back to college didn’t he? Who would have thought this time last year we would have him as our DC?

Tosh would not likely end up here but it’s not as far fetched for him to come back to college ball as you think it is.
It's not far-fetched for him to come back to college... it's far-fetched for him to come back to college for less than a DC position... especially OUR DC position that you basically need approval from Pruitt to call a play

Money is one thing, which there's only so much budget for a positional coach.... knowing you're going to be hamstrung doing your job is another

It's not far-fetched for him to come back to college... it's far-fetched for him to come back to college for less than a DC position... especially OUR DC position that you basically need approval from Pruitt to call a play

Money is one thing, which there's only so much budget for a positional coach.... knowing you're going to be hamstrung doing your job is another
Didn't Ansley? Maybe he could be expecting Ansley to leave for a HC position soon and then try DC again. I'm not saying any of this is true. Just that we don't know.

VN Store

Back