'20 UT ILB Noah Sewell (Oregon commit)

Doesn't matter at this point. We are competing with Vanderbilt 3* recruits now, not the big name 4 and 5 stars.

Reactions: Chattdawg
I have a clue that you aren't very informed on the matter. Now there's a shocker.
Can you imagine any of these high profile guys thinking about coming to play the garbage football Pruitt is rushing out of that tunnel each week.... NO WAY.... people keep saying give Pruitt time to coach up his guys and that our current roster is not talented but not sure how that's gonna get better, can we talk the kind of talent we need to come play for a losing team? Don't see how... we needed to show improvement this year to get those guys who were on the fence but we've regressed across the board.

Can you imagine any of these high profile guys thinking about coming to play the garbage football Pruitt is rushing out of that tunnel each week.... NO WAY.... people keep saying give Pruitt time to coach up his guys and that our current roster is not talented but not sure how that's gonna get better, can we talk the kind of talent we need to come play for a losing team? Don't see how... we needed to show improvement this year to get those guys who were on the fence but we've regressed across the board.

Freshman are playing pretty good, really quickly. Maybe it’s hard coaching losers. You can only help kids so much, especially the ones that are use to losing and had no weight training or development. It says something when your freshman are your best players.

Freshman are playing pretty good, really quickly. Maybe it’s hard coaching losers. You can only help kids so much, especially the ones that are use to losing and had no weight training or development. It says something when your freshman are your best players.
H.T. looks good, but a lot of Pruitt's guys, like Alontae Taylor and Burrell have looked clueless as well. I'm old school but I hate the coaching mentality of passing the buck and blaming the players. Read a Brian Kelly story earlier and he blamed himself basically for everything the players did wrong in his game last weekend. That's how the old crowd used to be Majors, Bear Bryant, Dooley, you didn't hear this buck passing from the greatest generation types. That breeds loyalty from the players because they know everything isn't the coaches fault.

This is year 2, half the players are Pruitt's, that excuse is wearing thin, anyway part of his job is to come in and recruit our current players and sell his vision to them. Mack Brown and Les Miles understood that, and it's a big part of their performance. Pruitt inspires know love or loyalty from the players, he has given up on most of them, why wouldn't they give up on him?

I agree but will a 18 year old believe that and can we bring in any of those guys that can potentially play early...

We are going to be underdogs in the rest of our games, let's say we lose them all... can you imagine being a kid hearing,"come play for us early cause you'll be the best we have" and the kid not also realizing that he can do so while losing every game instead of sitting a year at Georgia or Alabama, becoming well coached and then play for a Draft position... that is the decision any of these top guys have to make, can't believe they make the afore mentioned....I wouldn't let my kid.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN

VN Store

Back