'20 UT ILB Noah Sewell (Oregon commit)

Didn't Ansley? Maybe he could be expecting Ansley to leave for a HC position soon and then try DC again. I'm not saying any of this is true. Just that we don't know.
Hey man, anything's possible haha...

But he had the Alabama DC position on lock... and left... I don't know what working for Saban is like, I'm sure it isn't sunshine and rainbows... and I'm sure Pruitt is a much easier dude to get along with... and if I were an aspiring DC, learning from a guy that had that job on several national championship-winning teams would definitely be a plus...

But...

If I wanted a collegiate DC position, I'd assume Alabama would be at the top of my list of programs I'd like to do it for... why go out of your way from the #1-2 DC position in the country, handed to you on silver platter, to bounce into the NFL and then bounce back to a rebuilding program and coach lesser athletes?

Just being logical here haha

It's not far-fetched for him to come back to college... it's far-fetched for him to come back to college for less than a DC position... especially OUR DC position that you basically need approval from Pruitt to call a play

Money is one thing, which there's only so much budget for a positional coach.... knowing you're going to be hamstrung doing your job is another
Not really. Many felt he struggled as Bama's DC. Some thought that part of the reason he left for the NFL. If he doesn't like it there, it's not far-fetched he'd return to the college ranks as a position coach. And if his relationship with Saban has soured any, it's not far-fetched he'd consider working with Pruitt and company. There are all kinds of "what ifs" that could shape the situation. I'm not counting on Tosh coming here, I just said he'd be a good hire IF a position opened up. And he would be. Doesn't mean I expect it to happen.

Not really. Many felt he struggled as Bama's DC. Some thought that part of the reason he left for the NFL. If he doesn't like it there, it's not far-fetched he'd return to the college ranks as a position coach. And if his relationship with Saban has soured any, it's not far-fetched he'd consider working with Pruitt and company. There are all kinds of "what ifs" that could shape the situation. I'm not counting on Tosh coming here, I just said he'd be a good hire IF a position opened up. And he would be. Doesn't mean I expect it to happen.
Can't argue with that! :D

Hey man, anything's possible haha...

But he had the Alabama DC position on lock... and left... I don't know what working for Saban is like, I'm sure it isn't sunshine and rainbows... and I'm sure Pruitt is a much easier dude to get along with... and if I were an aspiring DC, learning from a guy that had that job on several national championship-winning teams would definitely be a plus...

But...

If I wanted a collegiate DC position, I'd assume Alabama would be at the top of my list of programs I'd like to do it for... why go out of your way from the #1-2 DC position in the country, handed to you on silver platter, to bounce into the NFL and then bounce back to a rebuilding program and coach lesser athletes?

Just being logical here haha

Tosh was going to be fired if he didn’t take another job. It was a face saving move.

He’s arguably the best recruiter in college football. Quite a skill to not use in the NFL long term.

Why would Tosh give up an NFL gig to come down to TN, sit behind Pruitt AND Ansley as DC, not calling plays, and waste his life recruiting again?

I don't see the dots that are theoretically supposed to connect for this to be a lucrative offer for him... if he wanted that he'd have stayed at Bama
He had kinda flopped as a DC in Tuscaloosa. Taking what would be perceived as a move up to the NFL and reevaluating was a good way to save face professionally. Doesn’t hurt that the Browns haven’t been gangbusters. Fulmer could get him more than the $1.2 mil he’s pulling in Cleveland. That and a Co-DC (non play-calling) title is feasible.

Tosh was going to be fired if he didn’t take another job. It was a face saving move.

He’s arguably the best recruiter in college football. Quite a skill to not use in the NFL long term.
He wouldn’t have been fired...Saban only gave him his shot to keep his recruiting. But it would have been a known demotion even if he kept a Co-DC title and that’s a lot to stomach for a talent who had set course for nothing but up until last season.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Cleveland sucks and they could all be looking for jobs at seasons end
The defense has performed pretty admirably IMO, especially the d-line.... it's the Baker implosion that's gotta be addressed...

Freddie,

tenor.gif

Reactions: Crazy Ivan
He wouldn’t have been fired...Saban only gave him his shot to keep his recruiting. But it would have been a known demotion even if he kept a Co-DC title and that’s a lot to stomach for a talent who had set course for nothing but up until last season.

I would think the only real reason Pruitt would get him is for recruiting

I would think the only real reason Pruitt would get him is for recruiting
Lupoi is a very well respected position coach...both LB and DL. His weakness at DC was awareness of DB alignments...vital in Saban’s scheme. His star rose too fast in his career to get a proper cross section like your better defensive play callers.

VN Store

Back