'20 UT ILB Noah Sewell (Oregon commit)

Nothing earth shattering, but the staff loves this kid. He’s a program changing LB.

Think the O has talked to him about being a DE, cause they think he will get too big, we want him as a BIG LB.

Most of this is already known info, but I can’t emphasize how much we are after him.

If so.i think he will be out of place.no matter how big the kid is or gets it doesn’t change the fact he covers in space like he’s 245 he’s special seriously.program changing talent.

Damnnnnnnn, you land Sewell, Smalls to go with the defensive backs and the dline were in on and you’ve got one of the best defensive classes in the nation.

If IFs and BUTTs were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

yes. i can. we used get linebackers like this on the reg. i've seen it. in person.

it was just ....
tenor.gif

Well, technically we recruited a lot of stud RBs and turned them into LBs......

Yes, we have done that and it worked out very well. However, we were running a different dfense then and could get by with a 220=230 LBs with the 4-3.

I'm not sure people understand this and it's somewhat laughable they think Pruitt is looking for RB to turn into undersized LBs. That is not his MO and types of defenses he's had.

Bumped to 5*
18 on 247 and 21 composite.
SIAP OV coming in the fall per Simonton. Major Nieds!
Noah Sewell, ILB, Orem (Utah) High School – With the final five-star spot in the newest update, Sewell checks in at No. 18 due in part to a camp performance that would have been eye-popping for a 200-pound linebacker. Sewell is 266 pounds and at The Opening Finals he was one of the top linebackers in space, one of the quickest in terms of recognition and one of the most explosive accelerating to the football. Turn on the tape and he’s even better.

Tennessee made a strong first impression on five-star linebacker Noah Sewell of Orem (Utah) High School last month during his first trip to Knoxville, and the Vols still are in the running for an official visit from him. Sources said Oregon still should be viewed as the favorite to land Sewell. His brother, Penei Sewell, plays for the Ducks, and no one is recruiting the younger Sewell harder than Oregon. But sources said he’s still intrigued by his opportunities in the SEC, including Georgia — which already is in line to host him on an official visit — along with Alabama and Tennessee, in part because the 266-pound Sewell believes the style of play in the SEC might be a good fit for him. The Vols still have a long way to go, but they’re much more of a contender for Sewell coming off his unofficial visit to Knoxville last month.

-Callahan

VN Store

Back