UT has a new ticket platform

bugsme

Per the Fund and Ticket Office, the new platform is Ticketmaster. Thre is no option for getting physical tickets any longer. People woo don't have smart phones are SOL. :-(

Welcome to the new normal. Every team in every sport is ridding of paper tickets. If they haven’t yet, they will within the next couple of years. In my opinion, it’s much easier to have them on your phone. You don’t have to worry about losing them or forgetting them at home. Also easier to sell/transfer to others without having to drive somewhere and meeting people go get them. I recently went to an Angels game and someone gave me four paper tickets. We had to wait outside of the stadium on someone in our party that ran late. It was a pain in the ass and could have already been inside enjoying the game.

Welcome to the new normal. Every team in every sport is ridding of paper tickets. If they haven’t yet, they will within the next couple of years. In my opinion, it’s much easier to have them on your phone. You don’t have to worry about losing them or forgetting them at home. Also easier to sell/transfer to others without having to drive somewhere and meeting people go get them. I recently went to an Angels game and someone gave me four paper tickets. We had to wait outside of the stadium on someone in our party that ran late. It was a pain in the ass and could have already been inside enjoying the game.

This is true, selling could be easier, depending on If you don't need a ticket service

Reactions: SDV
So if you don't have a smart phone , you can no longer attend a VOLS football game ? Seems like a bad business decision in my opinion to alienate a segment of your fan base ! GO VOLS !

Reactions: bugsme
I think they want younger more rowdy fans rather than us old codgers who have had tickets for 55 years. I tried downloading the app on my phone to retrieve the mobile tickets and got the message I needed a later version for the app. Several people my age still have flip phones. I saw there where 17,000 new season tickets sold this year, but did not hear how many did not renew since we are still 7000 below the number sold a few years ago.

I think they want younger more rowdy fans rather than us old codgers who have had tickets for 55 years. I tried downloading the app on my phone to retrieve the mobile tickets and got the message I needed a later version for the app. Several people my age still have flip phones. I saw there where 17,000 new season tickets sold this year, but did not hear how many did not renew since we are still 7000 below the number sold a few years ago.
Sold 58,000 of 72,000.. there's still tons of unsold

If anyone has 3-4 tickets to the Florida game, please message me, would prefer lower level. Thanks.

I received my paper tickets in the mail today so evidently they won't be just on our phones.
I would check your allvols account and download your digital tickets. All communications I have received have stated that paper tickets will not get you in the gate this year. I could be wrong but as I see it, the paper tickets are literally a souvenir.

Ticketmaster is user friendly but that $70 seat just became an $84 seat with fees. Rough estimate based off memory.

I’ve noticed football tickets and my last two concerts have had a delay on delivery of tickets. Not sure if that effects selling the seats prior to the delivery date as I’ve not sold any lately.

Went to buy tickets today and Ticket Master wanted 57.27 dollars for each ticket, plus taxes of 71.70 , plus another fee. Almost a 1,000 dollars for 3 tickets, with 246.46 in fees.
I love my VOLS, but that's a crazy amount of money for fees and taxes. Needless to say, I did not make the purchase.

Went to buy tickets today and Ticket Master wanted 57.27 dollars for each ticket, plus taxes of 71.70 , plus another fee. Almost a 1,000 dollars for 3 tickets, with 246.46 in fees.
I love my VOLS, but that's a crazy amount of money for fees and taxes. Needless to say, I did not make the purchase.
For what game? That is insane.

I spoke to the Vols ticket office Thursday because I found someone who said they had paid $50 to print their tickets. The first response was, "No, all digital." But I pressed, and then he said yes, confirming this was true.
They said if a person was buying these tickets from a ticket season holder, then the buyer should request both the printed tickets and the digital tickets because whichever one was scanned first would void the other set for the game attended.

Reactions: Eastknox865
Agree ticketmaster is full of it. Hopefully I can find tickets at the stadium for FL
You do realize that tickets are digital now and only paper tickets are available to staff and administration after requesting to be placed on a paper tickets list. Getting tickets at the stadium are going to be a thing of the past real soon

VN Store

Back