UT has 12th most talented roster in nation

247 Talent roster is updated and UT slides in at number 12. 3 SEC teams on the Vols schedule rank higher, A&M at 9th, then Alabama and Georgia. Tennessee is ranked ahead of Auburn (13) and Florida (16). Florida is having a meltdown over it.

2020 College Football Team Talent Composite
Would someone please send me a picture of the gators meltdown. That would relieve my virus shutdown depression

Kentucky has a mental hang up with Florida too that, if it wasn't for the fact that Kentucky has a "rivalry" with Tennessee, might exceed the hang up they have with us.

F Florida. Is there anybody that they struggle with? Historically they've owned us, owned Georgia, have the upper hand over FSU (although Bowden did get the better of Spurrier), and are basically even with Miami and LSU.
In the SEC East:

Within the conference, Florida trails the all time series against:
Alabama, 14-26
Georgia, 43-52-2
Ole Miss, 11-12-1 &
Missouri, 4-5
And leads everyone else, with the exception of A&M with whom they are tied 2-2.

Tennessee trails the all time series against:
Alabama, 38-57-7
Florida, 20-29
Auburn, 22-28-3
Georgia, 23-24-2 &
Missouri, 3-5.
And leads everyone else in the conference.

Georgia trails the all time series with:
Alabama, 25-40-4 &
LSU, 13-18-1
And leads everyone else within the conference, with the exception of A&M with whom they are tied 3-3.

Last edited:
Reactions: 08Vol
Key stat.

Kyle Trask>>>>>>>JG

I mean, of course but, if I were a fan of lizards, I would have NEGATIVE fear of us with JG trotting onto the field.

Imagine how we would feel if the lizards trotted him out against us and we had Trask?

My gut tells me Trask will have a down year this go round.

In the SEC East:

Within the conference, Florida trails the all time series against:
Alabama, 14-26
Georgia, 43-52-2
Ole Miss, 11-12-1 &
Missouri, 4-5
And leads everyone else, with the exception of A&M with whom they are tied 2-2.

Tennessee trails the all time series against:
Alabama, 38-57-7
Florida, 20-29
Auburn, 22-28-3
Georgia, 23-24-2 &
Missouri, 3-5.
And leads everyone else in the conference.

Georgia trails the all time series with:
Alabama, 25-40-4 &
LSU, 13-18-1
And leads everyone else within the conference, with the exception of A&M with whom they are tied 3-3.
I was talking about series with rivals, not necessarily a team's record against every conference team.

Florida is just annoying because against their rivals, they either clearly lead the all-time series, are basically .500 in the all-time series, or if they're below .500 in the all-time series it's a function of them having been bad 70 years ago (like their series with Georgia) - they've dominated it for about the last 40 years.

I was talking about series with rivals, not necessarily a team's record against every conference team.

Florida is just annoying because against their rivals, they either clearly lead the all-time series, are basically .500 in the all-time series, or if they're below .500 in the all-time series it's a function of them having been bad 70 years ago (like their series with Georgia) - they've dominated it for about the last 40 years.
I know, I just love looking at college football history and trends and your post interested me to look at UT vs. UF as far as their records against conference opponents, then I went ahead and did UGA too while I was at it. What few original posts I ever do are often related to history like that. Looks like UF holds a 23-17 advantage over UGA in their last 40 meetings, too bad we didn't play Florida more when they sucked like they did. Also, with the exception of Bama holding a pretty good lead over everyone, most of the SEC series between the traditional powers are pretty close and sway back and forth from time to time.

For example, when I first started following football, UT had a narrow edge over UGA in the all time series, then we lost several match ups with them in the 80's and they took it back and then we went on that run and beat them 9 times in a row (still their longest losing streak to any opponent LOL, giving us like +7 advantage) and then we've barfed the lead back up with all of our recent dysfunction.

Key stat.

Kyle Trask>>>>>>>JG

I mean, of course but, if I were a fan of lizards, I would have NEGATIVE fear of us with JG trotting onto the field.

Imagine how we would feel if the lizards trotted him out against us and we had Trask?
Florida struggled to run the football last year and teams know it, I think it's possible that teams play a bend but don't break style defense against them this season and that Trask could struggle. He's not a threat to run and if their RBs are not playmakers then Trask will be facing max coverage and complicated blitz packages a bunch. I'm hoping we up our running game as we've been in the same situation for a while now.

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
Come on, man! Didn't you read the handbook??
282829-a650d9f87df0f1645ae4389ee42b4af3.jpg
Sneetches get steeches.

247 Talent roster is updated and UT slides in at number 12. 3 SEC teams on the Vols schedule rank higher, A&M at 9th, then Alabama and Georgia. Tennessee is ranked ahead of Auburn (13) and Florida (16). Florida is having a meltdown over it.

2020 College Football Team Talent Composite
We are kicking Florida’s and Auburn’s a** this year.

That was an interesting read. Guarantano didn't play well in real, live 7-on-7 action in the Elite 11 competition, and he still doesn't all these years later.
I just don't trust Guarantano. His decision making is terrible and I'm afraid it won't be any better this year. I'd rather go with anybody than him. Just my opinion.

I dont see this team elevating to top 12 status where it matters until they roll over the QB room.

Guarantano is what he is at this point and now they are breaking in a new receiver rotation.

Tough to replace 70 percent of the production in receiving on the fly without an elite QB.

Reactions: 08Vol
I dont see this team elevating to top 12 status where it matters until they roll over the QB room.

Guarantano is what he is at this point and now they are breaking in a new receiver rotation.

Tough to replace 70 percent of the production in receiving on the fly without an elite QB.
Good for us then as Al, GA, KY and FL all lost most of their production as well.

VN Store

Back