UT has 12th most talented roster in nation

So you’re saying per article we have the players. So is it a East CS win since we have better players than all East teams. Coaching may factor In, stay tuned.

So you’re saying per article we have the players. So is it a East CS win since we have better players than all East teams. Coaching may factor In, stay tuned.
Where does that say we'll win the East? I think everyone sees us as one of the top3 in the East as they should as we finished 3rd last year. Coaching will definitely come into play this season, I like our chances with Coach Pruitt.

So, by my *completely arbitrary* talent tier system, in which no team in a tier is more than 50 points below the leader of that tier, we have 5 talent tiers:

Tier A

Georgia- 1013
Bama- 1011
LSU-958

Tier B

Texas A&M- 895
Tennessee- 880
Auburn-876
Florida- 855

Tier C

South Carolina- 800
MSU-794
Arkansas-753

Tier D

Ole Miss- 745
Kentucky- 734

Tier E

Missouri- 643
Vanderbilt-627

It's also sick that 81 of Georgia's 85 recruited scholarship players, and all 85 of Bama's, are either 4 or 5 stars.

It's those top five teams and then a bunch of wannabe teams looking to jump up there to the very top of the talent list. Georgia in particular 'should' be a monster. But I still ain't buying them until they actually win it all.

jurgen-klopp-gif.gif

tenor.gif

Reactions: MemphisVol77
I would agree with this assessment. QB and to a slightly lesser extent our WRs can either make us a top 10 team or a .500 team. Outside of those positions, we have top 10 proven SEC players. If JG puts it all together and I hope like hell he does, and our young WRs grow up quickly, this year could be a sneaky good surprise.

One of the best in the SEC. 2 mid 4-stars and 2 upper 3 stars. I know people feel strongly on JG, but he was ranked higher than Bailey. He has the talent, if he ever becomes consistent, sky is the limit.

Not really sure that you can use pre-college star rankings to gague talent after a player has already entered college play.

Plenty of guys are busts, and plenty end up performing well beyond their star predictions.

Not really sure that you can use pre-college star rankings to gague talent after a player has already entered college play.

Plenty of guys are busts, and plenty end up performing well beyond their star predictions.
What 3* QBs have we ever had that ended up performing well beyond their star predictions?

Reactions: 08Vol
One of the best in the SEC. 2 mid 4-stars and 2 upper 3 stars. I know people feel strongly on JG, but he was ranked higher than Bailey. He has the talent, if he ever becomes consistent, sky is the limit.
So where do we rank at the QB position?
Based on experience, talent and new recruits I think we're definitely top5 in the SEC. If we're lucky enough to land Simpson, Martin or Manning down the way we could be set at the QB position for several seasons.

And on the * rating dont mean crap side. We were ranked 12th in 2016 and 14th in 2018...amd last year 15th so........yea

Reactions: 08Vol

Correct.
Stars are for high school careers and to a degree , summer camps.
The rating services do get some right.
If a player has always and everywhere been better than everyone else, it is not hard to see.
That is the level of talent going to AL, GA, tOSU, Clem.
My takeaway is our talent IS improving, but far from elite.

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
What 3* QBs have we ever had that ended up performing well beyond their star predictions?

Where did I say specifically that only QB star rankings should or shouldn't be used?

You're chasing shadows in your zeal to promote passing efficiency as the be all of QB metrics.

Reactions: 9876543vol

VN Store

Back