UT football team lifts young tornado victim's spirits!

Palspal

The 11 yr old son of Sam, a young man who my wife and I actually tried to adopt when he and his sister were 4 & 5 yrs old, was severely injured in the Cookeville tornado.

Their story is harrowing; house disintegrating, being sucked up and thrown, Sam carrying his son draped over his shoulders for a 1/4 mile or so to awaiting ambulance, they being separated from his wife and other two children, transported to Knoxville even after the doctor in Cookeville telling Sam that he did not think his son would survive the ambulance ride, surgery later that day for skull and eye socket injuries while also dealing with a collapsed lung, broken ribs, broken collarbone, and losing teeth and other injuries.

Anyway, he is recovering remarkably at UT Children's hospital. The mom was able to make the trip today with their other two children to check on him.

He also had some special visitors, after the nurses at the hospital found out that he was a UT fan. Oftentimes, we only hear about the negative issues with college football players, and don't see the positive things they do that often get unnoticed.

Coach Pruitt and a few players came by this afternoon!

Attachments

• Team Gavin.jpg
    Team Gavin.jpg
    314.2 KB · Views: 244
The 11 yr old son of Sam, a young man who my wife and I actually tried to adopt when he and his sister were 4 & 5 yrs old, was severely injured in the Cookeville tornado.

Their story is harrowing; house disintegrating, being sucked up and thrown, Sam carrying his son draped over his shoulders for a 1/4 mile or so to awaiting ambulance, they being separated from his wife and other two children, transported to Knoxville even after the doctor in Cookeville telling Sam that he did not think his son would survive the ambulance ride, surgery later that day for skull and eye socket injuries while also dealing with a collapsed lung, broken ribs, broken collarbone, and losing teeth and other injuries.

Anyway, he is recovering remarkably at UT Children's hospital. The mom was able to make the trip today with their other two children to check on him.

He also had some special visitors, after the nurses at the hospital found out that he was a UT fan. Oftentimes, we only hear about the negative issues with college football players, and don't see the positive things they do that often get unnoticed.

Coach Pruitt and a few players came by this afternoon!

It is a miracle - prayers sent - it does appear it might be a little soon to have visitors. Truly a miracle praying that Sam's son continues doing well with his recovery.

Reactions: Buddy’s Bandit

VN Store

Back