"UT Football is 5x worse than you think it is."

While it's more damning to Lyle's recruiting, it's more damning to Pruitt’s coaching.
I would agree with that. Pruitt is learning on the job on a team without much leadership out of upperclassmen. He's definitely out of his depth right now, we're just hoping he can learn to swim.

I don't know where that came from and don't care... his bio says he was the OC/QB coach.
Yes. Arguments were whether Chaney or Kiffin were responsible for Crompton's growth as a QB. Kiffin was HC, he helped with QB but Chaney was the position coach. Kiffin actually called most offensive plays.

Yes. Arguments were whether Chaney or Kiffin were responsible for Crompton's growth as a QB. Kiffin was HC, he helped with QB but Chaney was the position coach. Kiffin actually called most offensive plays.
It's not worth arguing over and it's not like Crompton had some kind of great season in 2009 either. He threw 3 interceptions against UCLA and was horrible in the first half vs Auburn.... He did play well later on.

That’s all true. And it’s al an indictment of Pruitt. There is tamer in this team. But they just don’t have good leadership. They don’t even have a below average coach. I don’t even know how to quantify how bad pruitt is.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
Chuck Oliver, "king of football"?Who the hell is this ego-headed about that believes he is "the"authority of all that is football?Has he ever even drug his a.. to the IT campus,or does he nitpick thru the multitude of comments by other "football gurus"?Barton Simmons could be right though about JG," practice Tom Brady,game day Jamous(sic)Winston!

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
It took them 3 games to figure that out? Or are you listening to a podcast recorded on 9/2/19?

Then I would just state the obvious. Jeremy Pruitt's one victory of significance was at Auburn last year... and 5 times worse than what we think it is? That's hyperbole. We saw the Georgia State game. We know how bad the team is, and how poorly prepared and unmotivated they have been.
I would argue that win over Auburn was the Alabama guy coming out. Nothing more than that. He grew up hating Auburn and Tennessee. The only difference is he is getting a paycheck from Tennessee so we win by default.

Yep, and next year we will have fans saying shouldnt expect any improvement until year 4 at a minimum, no coach could win here in four years, butch soemthing, dooley something, the man can coach give him time to recruit blah blah blah.
I totally agree. some of the fans on here drive me crazy. They say we have to keep him for four or five years or else we set the program back. I would argue that we should have cut ties with Butch Jones two years sooner and then we wouldn't have the roster so infiltrated with his players right now. If you know you're going to make a change it's never better to procrastinate.

Reactions: volfannbama
I totally agree. some of the fans on here drive me crazy. They say we have to keep him for four or five years or else we set the program back. I would argue that we should have cut ties with Butch Jones two years sooner and then we wouldn't have the roster so infiltrated with his players right now. If you know you're going to make a change it's never better to procrastinate.

A more competent AD than Hart could have looked at the 2015 season, opted to give Jones a raise, but not an extension on his contract from 2018-2020. Butch peaked in 2016, and wasted most of the talent he had accumulated. Had we not extended him, he might have parlayed that modicum of success into another HC job outside of the SEC.

Last edited:
OK, but that is more of a damming statement on Butch's recruiting rather than the current staffs coaching ability and backs up what I have said before that maybe JG is a great practice QB and not so much a game QB.
Ok, BYU has much lesser players that are better coached and not out of position.

Not trying to belittle you or your past, but tell us your personal qualifications to describe an active shooter situation.
Oh, no. Never have been in active shooter situation. Sorry if you thought I implied that. I've only popped a few paper targets.

Do you really believe Saban could take our players and do better? No way. This comes down to youth and lack of talent forcing us to play guys until we can develop depth. Coaches are NOT the issue here.

I absolutely believe Saban would have beaten GA State with our roster. He likely beats BYU. Florida would be a toss up.

Why? Because he would have had the friggin' sense to recognize that JG, while a good kid, is a horrible QB. Saban would have secured a serviceable grad transfer that at least can read a blitz and complete a downfield pass.

Heard Kirby is encouraging ALL his recruits that can make it go to the Tennessee vs Georgia game.

That should tell you all you need to know about what is about to happen in two weeks.

He is going to get a ton of high school kids there. Then massacre our team in front of them so they will all run back to their high schools and brag about how awesome Georgia is and how garbage Tennessee is. He wants to destroy our program as much as possible. Keeps the eastern division nice and open for him.
Well we are garbage

Heard Kirby is encouraging ALL his recruits that can make it go to the Tennessee vs Georgia game.

That should tell you all you need to know about what is about to happen in two weeks.

He is going to get a ton of high school kids there. Then massacre our team in front of them so they will all run back to their high schools and brag about how awesome Georgia is and how garbage Tennessee is. He wants to destroy our program as much as possible. Keeps the eastern division nice and open for him.
Based on recent performance we are probably about the sixth in priority team he needs to worry about in maintaining Eastern Division ownership.

Ok, BYU has much lesser players that are better coached and not out of position.

I 100% agree with you that the Tennessee players were better than the BYU players as far as recruiting rankings go, but my question is did they want to work after they got here or did they get too use to the country club that it is reported Butch was running?

Talent without a work ethic is just wasted talent.

Good lord! Talk about kicking someone when their down. Wouldn't be surprised if we get beat worse than the 2017 game.

I 100% agree with you that the Tennessee players were better than the BYU players as far as recruiting rankings go, but my question is did they want to work after they got here or did they get too use to the country club that it is reported Butch was running?

Talent without a work ethic is just wasted talent.
Pruitt was here LAST YEAR. They have regressed in one year under the CURRENT COACH. Why are we still talking about Butch Jones?

Crompton improved under kiffin.
I was thinking about this the other day, how much credit should Chaney really get for Drew Brees and Jake Fromm, I'm pretty sure those guys would be pretty good regardless of who was coaching them. Tyler Bray did well too, but was Chaney essential to Tyler's success? I'm not really sure he was.

Last edited:
Reactions: volfannbama

VN Store

Back