UT Chancellor gets 24% raise

What I dont get is why do people who make this much money get stipends for housing and cars? That just seems backwards.

Because someone else will give her that to come to their University.

I don’t disagree with you in principle, but there’s only so many University Chancellor positions to go around and I’d say she’s one of the better one’s in the nation. Keep her happy.

Reactions: OneVolNation
If that's market for her job, then I'm OK with it. Back to back years with high single digit CPI inflation is going to do that to sought after jobs...

There are companies all over America that are having to give double digit percentage bumps across the board to employees just to stay close to market...

Telling her to “hit the road” would’ve been an all-time dumb move for a University that has a long list of dumb moves.

Not if she was asking for a raise.

If she can get more money, then go get more money. Otherwise, no raise needed and sure as hell not a 24% raise. But again, this is taxpayer money, so no justification needed.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
What would you do if Heupel goes 11-2 this year. Tell him to "take a hike" or pay him what the market dictates for a 11-2 coach?

I'm not pro pay raise for just any reason. The market did not dictate an extension and bump for Pruitt in 2020 but we gave him one anyways. The issue here is the Market demands it due to unprecedented labor inflation.

I concur this is the best defense you will mount.

No defense needed, the idea of letting a Chancellor walk who is borderline single handedly turning this University around ranks among the dumbest things I’ve read on this website.

No defense needed, the idea of letting a Chancellor walk who is borderline single handedly turning this University around ranks among the dumbest things I’ve read on this website.

Of course you can’t defend it.

Where was she walking to? That was the impetus for the raise? She is the only person capable of successfully running this university? She is not mentoring her underlings? Why are you so enamored with her? Related?

So she, in charge of the whole campus, earns less than at least one of the assistant football coaches.

Makes sense.

VN Store

Back