UT Center Brandon Kennedy has morphed...

It was awesome and there were some classic games between Lee and Lanier. It started breaking up with the creation of the JD Volunteers in 1968. The first principal at JD was Jack Rutland, promoted from Goodwyn.
I saw Richmond Flowers and Stan Trott play in high school at Lanier. Terry Beasley and Spence McCracken at Lee. Montgomery was the King of Alabama high school football in those days.
My mom taught at Lee in the early 90s when Spence was the coach, she taught Fred Beasley. They ruled Alabama during that time too.

Ha, ha!!!! 1964-1966. My class went on to win the first state championship at Robert E. Lee in 1969. The star of that team was Paul Spivey who played with Johnny Musso on the first wishbone teams for Bear at Alabama.
In those days it was harder to get a ticket to the Lee-Lanier game than it was to the Iron Bowl.
Didn't Pat Sullivan play for Lee?

My mom taught at Lee in the early 90s when Spence was the coach, she taught Fred Beasley. They ruled Alabama during that time too.
Spence’s dad was the Chaplin on Gunter. My mother knew him well. Spence was a terror at LB in the ‘60’s.
I was a sophomore at UT in 1971 when Beasley caught the game winning pass to beat us in Knoxville. We probably had the best secondary in college football that year and got beat by Pat Sullivan and Terry Beasley.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
It was awesome and there were some classic games between Lee and Lanier. It started breaking up with the creation of the JD Volunteers in 1968. The first principal at JD was Jack Rutland, promoted from Goodwyn.
I saw Richmond Flowers and Stan Trott play in high school at Lanier. Terry Beasley and Spence McCracken at Lee. Montgomery was the King of Alabama high school football in those days.
I actually painted Stan Trott's house not long ago, he lives in Halcyon.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I'm glad we have him and eager to see him and our revamped OL in action. I think I will end up being so focused on them I'll miss the plays they make happen. Explosive RBs making big yardage plays. The QB-receivers batteries unloading heavy artillery on the enemy. I think I'll be so focused on the Brandon & bulldozers I'll miss almost everything else.

Interesting that Brandon is so rightly lauded for his transformation. Yet some on VN can't appreciate a similar experience for Drew Richmond. It should always be at least acknowledged when someone converts a negative into a positive instead of getting arrested and jailed. But it's VN, so...
Kennedy stuck around, worked hard and performed. Richmond transferred. Not sure why we should value them equally.

Reactions: Remy and onevol74

VN Store

Back