UT Center Brandon Kennedy has morphed...

Evergrenevol

Lux et Veritas
I remember when Brandon Kennedy first arrived at Tennessee as a transfer from Alabama. He left Bama as a second team Center. When his new teammates were asked about him, they suggested that he didn’t say a whole lot. He didn’t smile a lot either. After being at UT for a couple of years, he now looks and acts like a different person. He started every game at Center this past year. Now he seems to always be smiling. There’s no question about his impressive leadership skills on and off the field. He also does civic work with his Tennessee teammates at schools and hospitals. I’m glad he’s found a home at Tennessee!

Last edited:
I remember when Brandon Kennedy first arrived at Tennessee as a transfer from Alabama. He left Bama as a second team Center. When his teammates were asked about him, they suggested that he didn’t say a whole lot. He didn’t smile a lot either. After being at UT for a couple of years, he now looks and acts like a different person. He started every game at Center this past year. Now he seems to always be smiling. There’s no question about his impressive leadership skills on and off the field. He also does civic work with his Tennessee teammates at schools and hospitals. I’m glad he’s found a home at Tennessee!

3ldl4n.jpg

I'm glad we have him and eager to see him and our revamped OL in action. I think I will end up being so focused on them I'll miss the plays they make happen. Explosive RBs making big yardage plays. The QB-receivers batteries unloading heavy artillery on the enemy. I think I'll be so focused on the Brandon & bulldozers I'll miss almost everything else.

Interesting that Brandon is so rightly lauded for his transformation. Yet some on VN can't appreciate a similar experience for Drew Richmond. It should always be at least acknowledged when someone converts a negative into a positive instead of getting arrested and jailed. But it's VN, so...

Last edited:
Reactions: BreatheUT
I remember when Brandon Kennedy first arrived at Tennessee as a transfer from Alabama. He left Bama as a second team Center. When his new teammates were asked about him, they suggested that he didn’t say a whole lot. He didn’t smile a lot either. After being at UT for a couple of years, he now looks and acts like a different person. He started every game at Center this past year. Now he seems to always be smiling. There’s no question about his impressive leadership skills on and off the field. He also does civic work with his Tennessee teammates at schools and hospitals. I’m glad he’s found a home at Tennessee!

Former spy and now VFL BK!

Me too lol, 97-99
Ha, ha!!!! 1964-1966. My class went on to win the first state championship at Robert E. Lee in 1969. The star of that team was Paul Spivey who played with Johnny Musso on the first wishbone teams for Bear at Alabama.
In those days it was harder to get a ticket to the Lee-Lanier game than it was to the Iron Bowl.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Ha, ha!!!! 1964-1966. My class went on to win the first state championship at Robert E. Lee in 1969. The star of that team was Paul Spivey who played with Johnny Musso on the first wishbone teams for Bear at Alabama.
In those days it was harder to get a ticket to the Lee-Lanier game than it was to the Iron Bowl.
I went to Lee and I've always heard that about the Lee-Lanier tickets.

I went to Lee and I've always heard that about the Lee-Lanier tickets.
It was awesome and there were some classic games between Lee and Lanier. It started breaking up with the creation of the JD Volunteers in 1968. The first principal at JD was Jack Rutland, promoted from Goodwyn.
I saw Richmond Flowers and Stan Trott play in high school at Lanier. Terry Beasley and Spence McCracken at Lee. Montgomery was the King of Alabama high school football in those days.

VN Store

Back