UT Basketball lands Aidoo

Some of you are really downplaying Fulky like he didn’t go through tough obstacles last season.

He’s just as important to this team as anyone else.

More important. His experience is invaluable to a young team, and especially the incoming freshmen posts.

And you must not be able to comprehend
Honest question, how long have you watched UT bball? And by that i mean did you not notice that Kyle Alexander was on the team Fulk’s first 3 years at UT. The first year Fulk is a starter he avg 14 points a game, 6 rebounds, 75% free throw, 50% 3 pt, 61% FG and was named All SEC second team. Starting Olivier over Fulk is a silly concept

You can’t fix stupid.

Fulkerson’s junior year. The one before COVID and mid-season dental surgery.
  • Named to the coaches' All-SEC second team after leading the Vols in scoring (13.7 ppg), field-goal percentage (.612), total rebounding (5.9 rpg), offensive rebounding (2.1 orpg) and steals (1.1 spg); his scoring average jumped 10.6 points from his sophomore season.

More important. His experience is invaluable to a young team, and especially the incoming freshmen posts.

I agree. The biggest issue may be youth and a general lack of understanding of Barnes' system. Not only is Fulkerson capable of another big season on the court, he could be invaluable at helping the new guys figure out their roles on the team.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
Honest question, how long have you watched UT bball? And by that i mean did you not notice that Kyle Alexander was on the team Fulk’s first 3 years at UT. The first year Fulk is a starter he avg 14 points a game, 6 rebounds, 75% free throw, 50% 3 pt, 61% FG and was named All SEC second team. Starting Olivier over Fulk is a silly concept
Fulky averged more points and minutes than Alexander in 16/17, neither one really made a significant statistical impact in 17/18, Fulky averaged five fewer minutes and two fewer points. They were both on equal footing at that point. The 18/19 season Alexander had his "breakout" averaging 20 min a game, and Fulky averaged 12, they were still only separated by two points a game. Love both of those guys, but let's not act like Alexander stood in the way of Fulky.

You can’t fix stupid.

Fulkerson’s junior year. The one before COVID and mid-season dental surgery.
  • Named to the coaches' All-SEC second team after leading the Vols in scoring (13.7 ppg), field-goal percentage (.612), total rebounding (5.9 rpg), offensive rebounding (2.1 orpg) and steals (1.1 spg); his scoring average jumped 10.6 points from his sophomore season.
Let me dumb this down for you. In 132 career games Fulky averages 6pts/4boards a game....for his ***cing career.

This new commit reminds me of the kid Gafford that played at Arky a few years back except he was mostly a dunker without a outside shot. I really like this pickup. We need length on the inside to keep other teams from driving in for uncontested layups.
I hope you’re right as Gafford was a man in the lane!

Fulky averged more points and minutes than Alexander in 16/17, neither one really made a significant statistical impact in 17/18, Fulky averaged five fewer minutes and two fewer points. They were both on equal footing at that point. The 18/19 season Alexander had his "breakout" averaging 20 min a game, and Fulky averaged 12, they were still only separated by two points a game. Love both of those guys, but let's not act like Alexander stood in the way of Fulky.
Dude what? Alexander had a very large impact in 17/18, he averaged well over a block a game and six rebounds a game. If he is healthy in the tourney we definitely dont lose to Loyola and we may go far. He averaged 24 minutes per game in 18/19, not 20, and scored more than twice as many points per game as Fulk did. Trying to act like Fulk and Kyle were somehow coequal contributors to the team in Kyle's last two years is ridiculous

Dude what? Alexander had a very large impact in 17/18, he averaged well over a block a game and six rebounds a game. If he is healthy in the tourney we definitely dont lose to Loyola and we may go far. He averaged 24 minutes per game in 18/19, not 20, and scored more than twice as many points per game as Fulk did. Trying to act like Fulk and Kyle were somehow coequal contributors to the team in Kyle's last two years is ridiculous
C'mon Bruh, damn, one averaged three the other seven. Let's not act like they were ballin. Alexander's impact was huge, and I agree, they would have beat loyola if he was available.

C'mon Bruh, damn, one averaged three the other seven. Let's not act like they were ballin. Alexander's impact was huge, and I agree, they would have beat loyola if he was available.
Kyle was playing great, did not need to score in bunches on a team with Grant, Admiral, Bone, Lamonte, and Bowden

One season. What does his career tell you ?

Alexander 100 percent started over Fulk, because he was a better player then. KA graduated and left, Fulk improved..and killed it the first year he started. Which is why you can’t average out the last 4 years of his numbers and go “yepppp that’s all he’s worth”. Are you serious or just trolling for fun?

Reactions: youcancallmeAl

VN Store

Back