Ut 6 Ipfw 1

Perry Parris

Vols now 4-5 with the win.

Craig Cobb - what can you say? Complete game win, 1 ER, 6H, 1BB, 9K. Cobby is now 3-1, with a 3.58 ERA. In 32.2 innings he has issued 2 BB and struck out 27.

Lima Time -- Danny Lima was THE star offensively today: 3-4 with a HR and 4 RBI. He now takes over the team RBI lead with 6.

Yan just call me Yon - Yan Gomes had a nice day as well, reaching base 4 times - BB, 1B, 2B, and by error. Scored 3 runs. Today's IGNITER of the game...

Righty the answer? Tony D may be starting to break out as he went 2-4 today, but did it all from the right side - not switch hitting as he customarily does. Also was flawless in the field with 5 assists.

Today's game lasted 1 hr 49 minutes, almost unheard of in today's college baseball - that is, unless Craig Cobb is on the mound. He is the quickest worker I've seen; helps him to keep his rythym and to keep the defense behind him alert and ready.

Let play 2 and take 2 tomorrow and get over .500 to stay.

Go BaseVols!!

Thanks Perry. I hope I can make it out there soon. Cobbs sounds like he is doing great. Hope he can keep it up. Maybe Lima and Yan can spark this offense and get some more runs going. Go Vols!

VN Store

Back