UT’s Final Six Regular Season Games

One last question, What GOOD team have we beaten this year? None and it took a miracle to beat a below average Alabama team and you can already see the recruiting going down. Just saying

well what do you consider a good team? Rankings, RPIs, names on the front of their jerseys?

If the turnover thing hasn't improved at this point it doesn't seem likely it will. It is what it is. Horston is tough to watch. She'll drive to the hoop like a bat out of hell only to just chuck it at the rim as if she isn't even really trying to actually get it in the basket. I haven't seen any improvement in her game. Maybe the stats say different? I don't know.

The way I see it is if we don't beat LSU will be a very bad loss. They lost a player that averaged 14 ppg and 9 rebounds and shot 70 percent from the field. They were only .442 from the field with her so that drops about a 10th or so. They are quick at guard and have one big girl still Mitchell was the one that was getting all those offensive rebounds for them in the last game that kept them close. Will be a very poor performance by us as we definitely have the advantage in talent and size in this game.

One thing for certain we have the games to take third place. Whether we can win them or not is another question. We certainly play all the teams that stand in our way to getting there except Kentucky and with SC and Miss St on their schedule what could be better.

3-3 at least I hope. 4-2 would be great. Leaning more 3-3 after seeing Arky last night. Damn. I really like Mike N, seems to be doing for Ark what Vic's done for MS.

4-2 would require that somewhere along the way we put together the elusive complete, clean game we haven't seen yet against a good team. Said before, I want the love child of the first half at UConn and the second half at Vandy.

Top 4 SEC finish would be far above what I expected and would be a really nice first season accomplishment for KJH, strength of the conference be damned. Practically speaking, I wonder if playing Friday in the SEC against a bottom feeder might be better, get tourney jitters out for younguns and maybe give us another win for NCAA consideration?

I feel really bad for Nikki. She seemed to have a much better team this year after being on the hot seat last year. Still an absolute must to pick up that win this week though, then I'll feel sorry for Nikki the rest of the year.

Reactions: creekdipper
The odds are 50/50 they either do or they don’t. That is also the fact in figuring each individual game, win or lost. The odds of some combination of wins or losses are also equal 50/50. No matter how many variables you add, it will ALWAYS be 50/50 do or don’t. Gule has spoken!!!!!! Lol

Lost a minute of my life.

Probably staring at 20-9 to finish the season. Maybe 21-8. But I feel like there'll be one more whoopsie at a minimum before they get to the postseason. So if both Tennessee and Arkansas are winning about 50% of their remaining schedule, then Tennessee will be playing Arkansas on the road for the four seed, I ... think? If Tennessee goes 3-3 with a loss to Arkansas, Texas A&M, and one gimme game they miss on, and Arkansas goes 3-2, the Razorbacks would get the 4 on tiebreakers (assuming Kentucky doesn't claim the 4 seed outright) and Tennessee would have to play an extra game. A possible scenario.

Probably staring at 20-9 to finish the season. Maybe 21-8. But I feel like there'll be one more whoopsie at a minimum before they get to the postseason. So if both Tennessee and Arkansas are winning about 50% of their remaining schedule, then Tennessee will be playing Arkansas on the road for the four seed, I ... think? If Tennessee goes 3-3 with a loss to Arkansas, Texas A&M, and one gimme game they miss on, and Arkansas goes 3-2, the Razorbacks would get the 4 on tiebreakers (assuming Kentucky doesn't claim the 4 seed outright) and Tennessee would have to play an extra game. A possible scenario.
I think Kentucky has by far the hardest job of getting a top 4 seed with both Miss St and SC left to play. With four losses already that could easily be six and your not in the top four with six. The LSU game is so huge for Tennessee as they have three losses like we do so a loss to them really puts us in a bind. A win puts us in a favorable position if we could just win one of A&M and Arkansas so much to be determined.
A&M with four losses has to play SC and Tennessee so that game is huge as well. A&M has four losses and losing to us almost guarantees six.

It all comes down to us winning LSU and one of A&M or Arkansas if that happens and we can handle Vandy, Ole Miss, and Auburn on the road we'll probably be third in the league. Any way we get to 5 and 1 in this last six were almost certainly third no one can keep us from getting there except Arkansas. The problem is that is a lot of winning and this team doesn't look competent enough to pull it off.

Arkansas has four losses and has Tennessee, Miss St, and LSU so Miss St is really going to be a big player in all this as is SC. Arkansas is the only team that could steal third from us even if we go 5 and 1 by beating everyone left on their schedule. That looks quite difficult to me as they live and die by the three. If they have an off night shooting from there they could lose to almost anyone.

A win by Tennessee over LSU puts them at 4 losses and then they have SC as the only game that looks like a loss maybe GA can beat them or Bama. Their problem would be us beating them twice gives us the tiebreaker over them if we both have five losses.

We control our own destiny have the games that could give us third. At the same time 4 and 2 could still get you 4 or 5. 3 and 3 you could go as low as seventh. Several of the top seven are going to have 5 SEC losses and some will have six. I feel like 4 and 2 puts us over Kentucky as I think they lose to Miss St and SC.

Here is the remaining schedules :

Tennessee-LSU, A&M, Ark, Vandy, Ole Miss, Auburn
Ark-Miss, Tn, Fla, Miss St, LSU
Ky-Miss St, Miss, SC, GA, Vandy
LSU-Tennessee, Auburn, SC, Ga, Vandy, Ark
A&M-Vandy, Tennessee Ga, Auburn, Bama, SC

We control our own destiny have the games that could give us third. At the same time 4 and 2 could still get you 4 or 5. 3 and 3 you could go as low as seventh. Several of the top seven are going to have 5 SEC losses and some will have six. I feel like 4 and 2 puts us over Kentucky as I think they lose to Miss St and SC.

I agree with what you said, but I am still feeling that LSU is the make or break for this situation. If they beat LSU, decent chance of 4-2 (as you say). If they lose at LSU, then it's likely 3-3 for the last 6 games. A&M, Arkansas, and the Tigers being the losses.

I dunno. Maybe they will run 4-2 or 5-1. Hope so. Tennessee seems to win most of the gimmes, so Vandy and Auburn seem likely wins and Ole Miss is just ... yeah. So that's three wins. But that brings us back to LSU. They have to win it on the road. Curious to see if they do.

Reactions: lvocd
I agree with what you said, but I am still feeling that LSU is the make or break for this situation. If they beat LSU, decent chance of 4-2 (as you say). If they lose at LSU, then it's likely 3-3 for the last 6 games. A&M, Arkansas, and the Tigers being the losses.

I dunno. Maybe they will run 4-2 or 5-1. Hope so. Tennessee seems to win most of the gimmes, so Vandy and Auburn seem likely wins and Ole Miss is just ... yeah. So that's three wins. But that brings us back to LSU. They have to win it on the road. Curious to see if they do.
If we fail at LSU with Mitchell out will be a really bad loss as she is their key player. They do get on the boards out rebounded Missouri badly and that is how they won. They shot 34 percent and Missouri shot 45, but they got 11 more shots than Missouri and got to the free throw line 10 times more. So if we can't rebound and let them get up shots until they make a goal we deserve to lose. That is what Missouri did allowing them three or more possessions on shot misses. Caldwell really has them rebounding the ball that will be the key to the game. We can't really complain if we lose the game cause we have a distinct advantage in talent unlike the last two games we lost.

I think we need to go 5-1 or we get bounced from the rankings, which would be an unfortunate way to end the regular season.

Even without their best player Ayana Mitchell, LSU has been playing very well. They scare the hell out of me, especially at their place. Even so, I agree that it’s a must-win game for Tennessee. Problem is, it may take Rennia another week or two to get back to 100% health. This flu is no joke, and I imagine it took a lot out of her. Still gotta find a way to win, regardless.

The odds are 50/50 they either do or they don’t. That is also the fact in figuring each individual game, win or lost. The odds of some combination of wins or losses are also equal 50/50. No matter how many variables you add, it will ALWAYS be 50/50 do or don’t. Gule has spoken!!!!!! Lol

LOL

VN Store

Back