USFL 2022

VolsSportsFan

Mo Money Mo Problems - Michael Scott
The thing that doesn’t make sense if true is that all the games will be played in Birmingham Alabama.
I think they are considering this a "soft" launch just to get the league rolling. It's sounding like they'll be like The Spring League that played all their games in one place. My guess is they are more interested in the ratings to gauge the interest.

VolsSportsFan

While I seriously doubt both the USFL and XFL will survive (or maybe even either), if they somehow do it will be pretty crazy that we have a chance to have pro football available to watch (assuming the XFL gets a decent TV contract).

NFL/College Football from September to February
XFL from February to April
USFL from April to July
CFL from June to November

WestTennesseeVol

West Tennessee, Best Tennessee
While I seriously doubt both the USFL and XFL will survive (or maybe even either), if they somehow do it will be pretty crazy that we have a chance to have pro football available to watch (assuming the XFL gets a decent TV contract).

NFL/College Football from September to February
XFL from February to April
USFL from April to July
CFL from June to November
Does the average American even want to consume that much football? I know the break from whenever the Titans season ends to whenever the Vols season begins is enough time for me to start missing football again.

In the meantime, you have basketball, baseball (hopefully,) hockey, soccer, etc etc to fill the sports entertainment void.

mad4vols

Arsenal FC, Detroit Lions
Does the average American even want to consume that much football? I know the break from whenever the Titans season ends to whenever the Vols season begins is enough time for me to start missing football again.

In the meantime, you have basketball, baseball (hopefully,) hockey, soccer, etc etc to fill the sports entertainment void.
I enjoyed the XFL season back in 2020. Was disappointed that the season was cut short that year.

VolsSportsFan

Probably not which is why I think maybe only one of of the USFL/XFL will survive (or the merge). But I can only speak for me, I'm a spring football league junkie. I remember as a very little kid even watching the original USFL. And I watched WLAF/NFL Europe, XFL 1.0, United Football League, AAF, and the XFL 2.0. I watched the Arena Football League. So I really hope both will survive because even though I do watch and support other sports I would still find time to watch the spring leagues.

mad4vols

Arsenal FC, Detroit Lions
Probably not which is why I think maybe only one of of the USFL/XFL will survive (or the merge). But I can only speak for me, I'm a spring football league junkie. I remember as a very little kid even watching the original USFL. And I watched WLAF/NFL Europe, XFL 1.0, United Football League, AAF, and the XFL 2.0. I watched the Arena Football League. So I really hope both will survive because even though I do watch and support other sports I would still find time to watch the spring leagues.
I was so excited as a kid when this league started, didn’t realize at the time what a disaster it turned into.

VN Store