USC to hire Kingsburry

Kliff was his OC at Houston as he was the OC at A&M for Johnny Football.
So he can coach them (which is a great thing) but you gotta recruit them to coach them up. Besides Mahomes (Mayfield was a walk on) who has Kliff signed?

So he can coach them (which is a great thing) but you gotta recruit them to coach them up. Besides Mahomes (Mayfield was a walk on) who has Kliff signed?
C'mon. Really...those are the rules now? Coaching a player is not good enough, you have to be the recruiter that signed the player? That's a screwed up logic.

Reactions: LoudOrange
Dude an honor the contract for a year or 2 you agreed to it keep your word that ain’t too hard if you revive USC it improves your chances greatly

Don’t think very many nfl guys are gonna respect a just fired college coach who is seen as mediocre atm anyway

lol long day. It’s just a bit gratifying to see Southern Cal think they’d hired someone to go do a job, only for them to get jilted and their hire take another job in short order. There’s a certain symmetry there, I think.

dude shouldnt have signed a contract so fast if he wanted an NFL job, this is in the middle of recruiting season, I can see why USC would block it.
Yeah, that seems like a big miscalculation by either Kingsbury and/or his agent. He very quickly took the job at USC, so I wonder if he underestimated interest from NFL teams about head coaching jobs or changed his mind.

Personally I can see NFL interest in him for a OC position, not sure about HC.

Thing about those home runs! Other teams want them!

Obviously none of us can get hired. But how do some of these coaches get job after job after being fired? It has to be more than networking. Someone please explain this to me.

Yeah it’s pretty crazy. Butch did a better job here in the sec than Kingsbury did in the Big 12. Yet butch is a goat and has to take a job as an intern while Kliff gets an NFL HC gig

Being a damn good salesman of their self, their abilities, and why it was everyone else's fault they did not succeed at their previous team(s).

VN Store

Back