USC OC Tee Martin 'disappointed' not to get interview with Tennessee

He had his chance to coach here

UT had a gazillion other opportunities to give him a job when he lived here in Knoxville and let it be known, over and over, and over, and over,....and over, ........and over he wanted a coaching job at his alma mater. UT basically told him to shove it.

Besides, he took a better job than Jones offered him and has succeeded. Real men do that.

Posers complain about what real MEN do.

Reactions: 1 person
How quickly you discount one of our greatest VFL's in favor of a guy who grew up hating Tennessee, a guy who is Bama through and through, and at this very moment is trying to help Bama win a championship. He may wear an orange shirt, but his drawers are crimson.
You can bank on it. Jeremy Pru Bammer.

It's not all that quickly. Tee's been acting a fool for quite a while now.

Tee's also well down the list of greatest VFLs.

Neyland came from Army. That worked out pretty well.

Reactions: 4 people
Let me say it a little stronger: Martin was the leader on the only UT team in modern history to exhibit even one minute speck of relevance. I don't know if he would ever make a good head coach, but everyone on this board should bow down and worship the ground he walks on and his every word: we will never, never have it so good again. Keep running those smart mouths; each 5 win season will seem so satisfying.

What about when Tee walks on water?

How quick the fans turn on someone who doesn't think the same way they do.

And many of you wonder why folks make fun of this fan base. Take a look in the mirror.

Let me say it a little stronger: Martin was the leader on the only UT team in modern history to exhibit even one minute speck of relevance. I don't know if he would ever make a good head coach, but everyone on this board should bow down and worship the ground he walks on and his every word: we will never, never have it so good again. Keep running those smart mouths; each 5 win season will seem so satisfying.

This is a bit much.

Reactions: 3 people
Don't forget, Tee turned us down before. He had a chance to come back here. Knowing what we know now, I don't blame him for not coaching for CBJ. I think Tee needs to take a non-Power 5 HC job and show what he can do, like many others have (Urban, Brian Kelly, Nick Saban, etc). I think Tee is going to be a very good coach, but needs to get that HC experience in the next year or so.

Reactions: 4 people
Greg Shiano's Resume:

* 68-67 college record (50.4%)
* 1 really good season in 11 (with Ray Rice), the only season that his team ended the season ranked
* 4-18 against ranked opponents
* outscored by ranked opponents 779-415 over career, with an average per game score of 35-19
* 11-21 NFL record (34.4%)
* hated by his own players in NFL
* hated by most of the rest of the NFL
* employed questionable tactics, including blitzing the other team while they were in victory formation. Last year, the Rams did something similar, and in the game summary, the author actually said that the Rams "pulled a Shiano"
* cursed out by Peyton Manning
* hasn't had a head coaching job since getting canned by Tampa Bay in 2013. Unknown whether anyone has even approached him with a job
* may have witnessed, and covered up, one of the most heinous ongoing criminal act in college sports history

THIS!! Also, everyone notice how so many college and NFL programs were lined up to hire this guy after we dumped him, right?? All those programs standing in line to take him away from OSU speaks volumes as to how great a coach Schiano was and is.

Reactions: 2 people
I will not worship any person on this planet, ever. You can gtho with that statement and your screen name

Reactions: 6 people
Tee was not ready for the head coaching job. He would have been great for us to have him at OC, but that would not have been so great for Coach Pruitt. CP knows we will take some lumps next year, maybe even for two years. He don't need the idiots in the stands chanting Let Tee takeover as interim coach the first time something goes wrong.

Don't be down on Tee. Coaches have to be diplomatic about other coaches. You never know who you might be working with down the road.

If you read the article, Tee's comment also came during interviews at the bowl site where Shiano is the defensive co-ordinator of the opposing team.

Based on this article. Tee is not a bad person and actually thought it out well in his wording. Anyone expecting Tee Martin ot get real traction as head coach at UT with his current resume needs help. Hell anyone expecting him to get traction as OC also needs help. he has only functioned as an OC at USC with the support of ur current OC. a guy that has a legit OC resume. Up until ow.

Tee has a decent resume for a guy in the game the amount of time he is. But to expect an HC job in the SEC , STOP. Even expecting an OC position is questionable.

OC at USC is like selling water in a river. USC is the Bama of the west coast.. kids on the offensive side of the ball grow up their waiting to destroy USC and Cal.. knowing they wont often if ever face a real defense. Easy sale. even in its worst years USC (like bama) still put out NFL talent.

Is Tee a good OC? Who knows. a bad OC at USC is like being a BAD OC at BYU. you put out 350 yards a game in offense instead of 400.. on the west coast U can generate 500 yards a game of offense and barely make a bowl. In the SEC doing 250 a game is a challenge. don't trust me, google it the facts, are there. on the west coat its about outpacing In the SEC its about shutting them down more than they shut you down, different game.

This is why most national champions in our lifetime happened on the east coast. The east coast is about the "basics" the west coast is wide open and that mentality benefits offenses. West coast tems put up basketball numbers on the regular when facing each other because its a footrace. A real solid West coast team can give an SEC/east coast team fits because they are less worried about score, they worry about woh scores more.

UT beats a team 73-50 the story the next day is why does our defense suck so bad. USC beats someone 23-17 the story is whats wrong with the offense. The DC's over there are more of a bend don't break, conditioning mentality. Here its "None may pass"

If we had hired him, we’d have been down to hiring a guy Georgia Southern passed on...just sayin.

Who cares? I thought he had a "very positive" conversation with our AD???

Just another complaint.

Tee has a massive piece of baggage called a wife that loves SoCal strapped to his ass. Until that gets taken care of, he should never sniff a job here.

How quickly you discount one of our greatest VFL's in favor of a guy who grew up hating Tennessee, a guy who is Bama through and through, and at this very moment is trying to help Bama win a championship. He may wear an orange shirt, but his drawers are crimson.
You can bank on it. Jeremy Pru Bammer.
Kind of like Bill Battle, david cutcliffe, or even doug dickey(florida alum) who left ut to coach at florida, then came back as the ad?

Tee has a massive piece of baggage called a wife that loves SoCal strapped to his ass. Until that gets taken care of, he should never sniff a job here.

Im as much a vol as the next guy, bit did you seriously suggest he should get rid of his wife just because she prefers to live in la working on her own career rather than move to knoxville, only a stones throw from his ex and baby mama?

VN Store

Back