USC hires Kevin O'neil as new HC

If they like games with scores in the 50's and 60's then USC should be happy with Kevin. And they need to be sure no kids are seated within the first five rows unless they want them to learn a new vocabulary of off color words. Other than the two drawbacks above they will have a good coach for the next four years.

I wish he would have never left UT. He built the teams Green squandered. Great recruiter and good coach.

I think USC made a good choice.

I don't know how it ended but there was mutual hate between he and Doug Dickey. Not sure if he was fired or if he left.

He wasn't fired. He left for Northwestern. Ouch.

I'm actually a bit afraid of playing an O'Neil team. It's not like it's far-fetched that UT loses to a team like this.

I'm actually a bit afraid of playing an O'Neil team. It's not like it's far-fetched that UT loses to a team like this.
Given the roster SC is going to have, losing to them would be an embarrassment of Biblical proportions.

Not going to happen...

As a team, USC will be somewhere in the middle between Indiana and the 4th place Conference USA team last year.

They are going to be a terrible team this season

The USC game went from being a pretty good game for the RPI 6 months ago, to now being a very bad reflection of our team if it is even close.

Last edited:
I can't even find an accurate USC roster to post, they've basically lost the majority of their team and their signing class is gone.

I hope Lil Romeo' doesn't quit now that Floyd/Derozen are gone :cray:

I think O'Neil will certainly bring talent to USC, but how quickly depends on what the NCAA plans to do with USC.

Last edited:
Hey Hat... Sorry if you've said it before, but what's your opinion of Kevin O'neil?... Just curious...

Hey Hat... Sorry if you've said it before, but what's your opinion of Kevin O'neil?... Just curious...
I don't claim to be objective, because Kevin and I are friends. That disclaimer aside, I think KO is one of the best defensive coaches in all of basketball.

O'neil is a great defensive coach and can recruit with the best. Jerry Green should still be thanking him for the players he coached for that 3-4 year run he had.

He doesn't put up with a lot of sh!t from his players and demands perfection. If the players buy into that he could have a successful run.

I don't claim to be objective, because Kevin and I are friends. That disclaimer aside, I think KO is one of the best defensive coaches in all of basketball.

I wasn't aware Kevin O'Neil had friends, but you describing yourself as one makes perfect sense. :eek:lol:

VN Store

Back