USC and UCLA to leave Pac 12 for Big Ten

I just don't think that they fit the Big 10 mold. It's mostly nonsense, but it's nonsense that they want to pretend is important.

Beyond that, I think they want to look further west than TX and OK in order to help out USC and UCLA.
I don't disagree. But they would be dumb not to have a Texas team. I think Skipper is right that's it's all about money and eyeballs. They aren't going to pass on the second biggest state.

Or 8M 😁

Total viewership for top five conference championship games.

SEC – 15.3mm (8.16)
B1G – 11.6mm (6.21)
Big 12 – 8.0mm (4.83)
PAC-12 – 4.2mm (2.46)
AAC – 3.4mm (2.04)
ACC – 2.6mm (1.53)

Big 12 almost doubled the PAC-12 and tripled the ACC

AAC outdrew the ACC.
The ACC has abysmal numbers. Not sure why. I guess the coast is more BBall drawn? Or the football fans are watching the SEC and not the locals?

Not saying they should be up in the SEC/Big 10 area, but them at the bottom makes no sense to me.

The ACC has abysmal numbers. Not sure why. I guess the coast is more BBall drawn? Or the football fans are watching the SEC and not the locals?

Not saying they should be up in the SEC/Big 10 area, but them at the bottom makes no sense to me.
It was Pitt vs Wake, It was opposite of Bama vs UGA, the ACC title game has a history of being pretty weak and also having a very small attendance.

It was Pitt vs Wake, It was opposite of Bama vs UGA, the ACC title game has a history of being pretty weak and also having a very small attendance.
Not just the title games. Their viewership overall is garbage. Even back when FSU and Clemson were good at the same time they were at best 4th of power 5 in terms of viewership.

Maybe it's because there are so many small/private schools? Duke, Miami, Wake, BC?, GT.

One of those many articles on this mentioned that ACC expansion put Miami and FSU in opposite divisions with the expectation that they would play each other sometimes in the Championship in the 17 years since expansion, it has never happened. I don't know how many good teams you need to generate interest, but however many it is, they ain't got them.

Reactions: oz615
Not just the title games. Their viewership overall is garbage. Even back when FSU and Clemson were good at the same time they were at best 4th of power 5 in terms of viewership.

Maybe it's because there are so many small/private schools? Duke, Miami, Wake, BC?, GT.
No one outside the programs of the SEC and Big Ten have a huge fanbase outside of outliers like Notre Dame

The ACC is a basketball league first. Always has been. The headquarters is in Greensboro for goodness sake. I live in Durham and I can attest to the fact that people around don’t really get it. Some really think they do, but they don’t . Kind of like a lot of SEC schools w/ big time basketball. They don’t really get it,

Also, Part of the problem is that Miami and Virginia Tech have not really done their part of lifting up the conference, or they haven’t done their part when Clemson or FSU was doing their part. It’s been Clemson and FSU and that’s it. I think there was a new winner of the Coastal for 7 straight seasons, including Duke. When you have Wake and Duke win their division 3 times in the past 15 years or whatever it is you have a bad league, or a 1 sided league. That would be like Vandy winning 3 times.

Reactions: Pappy
ACC schools will need to shell out $ 500 Million per school to get out. Not going to happen. They are trapped even if they want to leave.

Reactions: onevol74
Reality is hard for branch covidians.
Vegas odds makers feel Baylor stands a better chance of joining the SEC (+500) than Washington has of joining the BIG (+600). What does this mean? I have no idea but you're welcome to place a bet. You might even make some money.

Vegas odds makers feel Baylor stands a better chance of joining the SEC (+500) than Washington has of joining the BIG (+600). What does this mean? I have no idea but you're welcome to place a bet. You might even make some money.

Lol the fact you all desperately hold on to this fantasy is hilarious Baylor has no shot at ever joining a real conference. Kansas is the only Big12 team that has a shot and that’s next to no chance

ACC schools will need to shell out $ 500 Million per school to get out. Not going to happen. They are trapped even if they want to leave.
Unless the "agreement" to share the ACC Network with the PAC voids the GOR agreement. Interesting times ahead folks.

Lol the fact you all desperately hold on to this fantasy is hilarious Baylor has no shot at ever joining a real conference. Kansas is the only Big12 team that has a shot and that’s next to no chance
You placing your bet now??? BTW basketball doesn't move the needle. You can place a bet on Kansas too (+1400 of getting into the BIG).

That Baylor won’t ever get invited to big ten or sec? Why bother, might as well place a bet that Briles will have a legit coaching job or Griner will be home abusing her wife again by Christmas
Look at all of that free money you're passing up by betting against Baylor and betting on Kansas. Those idiots in Vegas just give money away. Go get you some. 😂😂😂🤣🤣

Baylor?...Cincy?...Louisville?!?....Hilarious, None of those teams have a chance in hell of getting an invite to the SEC

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Honestly most of those conferences seem awful. And the Big Ten would dissolve before they ever invited a school like West Virginia.
A lot is this didn't make sense to me either...KY and Vandy out of SEC. Although I do like the return of the old Big 12. WVU needs to get in a "old Big East" with Miami, VT, BC, MD.

VN Store

Back