USAF can't volunteer with Salvation Army

Do I seem angry to you?

I see a problem with this because it is during duty hours. Fix it by allowing service members to volunteer while on the clock at a range of non-profits. When your boss sends you an invitation to work on the clock for charity and you say nah, I'm good, I can imagine that the reaction from said boss ain't gonna be good.

Your problem with pushy atheists seems to be that pushy Christians in this country have been able to push their religion upon all citizens and now people are pushing back. Personally, none of it offends me or is worth fighting for, but I understand the arguments and agree with them in principle.

As far as Christmas, it is a pagan holiday appropriated so Christians could gain followers. I celebrate Christmas not for the religious reasons, but because it is a time to celebrate family. I also adopt a local family that I know is suffering economic hardships each year to ensure that their children have a good Christmas. I have done only one family for the past several years, but I think next year I would like to try and get 5. Something like that is only going to be possible because the mothers of the last two families we helped want to assist and help organize people that want to help and organize the effort and coordinate delivery of gifts. That is what Christmas is about to me, but I am a pushy atheist.

Maybe they're not limited to volunteering during duty hours JUST for the SA?? Don't know. information not there. It is the charity of record in the emails, but they may not be limited to just that one. Which makes it OK if there are others.

I can sort of agree with your sentiments here, although my experience with volunteering in the military was that it was typically not voluntary. I don't think this case is a violation of the establishment clause.

Also, Christmas hasn't been about Christ in decades. It's about the religion of consumerism.
Your avi is awesome

That was before my time, my interactions with them have been solid. It wouldn't surprise me to see that they are more transparent in the wake of that.
I've always suspected there's some kickback to bigwigs at companies who endorse United Way. In the military we were practically forced to give to them, and my current employer won't endorse any other charitable organization in order to not confuse employees as to what their priorities are.

I'm sure they do good work, but I think they're shady.

• The 88th Air Base Wing at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio held an active shooter drill at the same time the 88th Medical Group was holding a separate mass casualty drill, but neither event was being coordinated with the other.
  • In the middle of the two exercises, an injured jogger arrived in the ER, screaming and crying, just as role-players pretending to be shooting victims began to arrive for the mass casualty drill.
  • A confused caller reported an active shooter, according to the executive summary of the investigation, resulting in a lockdown at the base hospital and more confusion.
  • It only got worse from there, as the exercise ultimately concluded with a security forces airman inexplicably pumping multiple rounds into a locked door.
Here's how an Air Force base active shooter exercise devolved into a chaotic mess, ending with an airman opening fire on a door

Not sure what this has to do with the OP.

Regardless, that Airman firing through a door needs to have his ass kicked repeatedly. Both administratively and physically.

I'm confused on why you'd go to r/atheism and be surprised that atheists are talking about atheist things. It's like going to r/the_donald and being surprised that the red hats were doing red hat things. I wouldn't go to Publix and be offended that groceries were being sold.

I have never, ever been to r/atheism...there is a thread, every single day, on the "popular " string that is on mobile. Every. Single. Day.

I dont have to look for loudmouth atheist teens, they are sure to draw attention to themselves any time they can

I know, i know. You cant hide from Christianity either, its omnipresent.

" show us on the doll where that mean Christian touched you, Septic. "

Show me all the militant atheist charities out there that give freely to the poor like Clearwater does? Every church i have ever attended has a food pantry slam full, so that anyone in the neighborhood, believer or not, can come get all the food their family needs in a hard time. Will help keep your heat turned on and lights on, too. Far more efficient way of helping those in need than the .gov. Never have seen a group of angry atheists that get together at least once a week and give 10% or more of every dollar they earn to help the less fortunate. I just described virtually every protestant church in America, though. Cant speak for the Catholics. Amazes me that those angry (often) kids are so pizzed off that those terrible Christians give 10% of their means to help others that cant help themselves. I attend an independent Baptist church with a very mission focused ministry. We have built a sister church in Nicaragua that is growing fast, entirely paid for from here, as well as have missionaries in Laos, NYC, Texas, Germany...i am sure I am forgetting some. In addition to giving 10% of my families earnings to our church, my wife and I sponsor our own missionaries outside of our church. My Pastor and church doesnt know, its none of their business honestly...just something we feel led to do. We are far from rich, we arent even truly "middle class". Nore like lower middle class I guess. I dont think Clearwater is rich either. We choose to help others even though it involves material sacrifice...i have never owned a new car or truck. Ever. I am 41....who cares? When i am dead and gone that wont matter. But if there is a church standing in Nicaragua, helping those that need it most in THAT community...and spreading the Gospel...then i may have actually accomplished something in this life. Imagine that.

Christians give more and help more people than any other group of folks in the US...and i would bet my last dollar on that.

Tell me again on the doll where that mean Christian touched you though? That makes you hate them so much???

I could simply refute that by pointing out the phrase "cant speak for the Catholics " as they have been blamed for a grest deal of molestation, etc in the press, though the numbers are greatly inflated once people found out the church was giving away many millions to claims with no proof. Thats intellectually dishonest blame shifting though. Instead i offer this: go to your local sherriffs dept. Web site, put in your home address, and look at all the convicted sex offenders around you. Will blow your mind. Bet there are a handful within a mile or 2 in all 4 cardinal directions from your own home. Very sad, and sick. Then look any adult you respect in the eye and tell them that more of those sick bastards than not are Bible believing Christians that attend church at least once a week . If you lie like that to the people you respect, or actually believe that...you cant be helped. I would bet every thing I own that a very, very small % of sex offenders are practicing Christians. You cant be right with God and molest kids, so only the very mentally ill or worlds worst hypocrit could attempt to live that life.

This is the world that LG and luther created. They'd rather see thousands suffer than have anyone be associated with christianity.

You cant be right with God and molest kids, so only the very mentally ill or worlds worst hypocrit could attempt to live that life.

I don't think it's disputed that the priests perpetrating these crimes, and those who shield them, are hypocrites and/or mentally ill. That doesn't make them not Christian though.

I agree with that. They are certainly self professing Christians. Did you look up your address on the sheriffs dept? My wife and i did years ago, and were appalled. We live in a normal suburban neighborhood. Mostly old white people, houses from maybe 120k to 200k. Lower middle class i guess, or working poor, depending on perspective. There are at least a couple sickos in all 4 directions from my house within 2 or 3 miles. Granted, there are alot of houses in a mile, and apartments here too. But thats insane that there are that many sick bastards. My point is that i believe very few of them are churchgoing Christians that pray to the same God that i do. We have rules. We break them, and there are consequences, from God, not man. But we have the rules plainly laid out and they cant be denied. People whose actions are governed only by what feels good at the time dont have that issue. They worship at the altar of the almighty Self. I refuse to believe that Christians molest kids, or commit any other crime at a higher rate than others. I also know that there are some very good people in this world who have extremely high character and dont believe in my God. They are the ones that really make me sad. I can understand drug dealers, pimps, bank robbers, etc people who live a life without morals that dont want to change everything and come to God. Its much harder to reconcile mentally people who live very moral, principled lives they wouldnt even really need to change and just reject God because they put their faith elsewhere. No man is without sin, and what we consider "good" men and "bad" men will spend eternity separated from God if they choose to reject Him in this life. My little brother who is 25 killed himself last year. Great kid. Never been in any real trouble in his life. I witnessed to him a couple times, don't know if it ever did any good. Unless he got right with God before he put that pistol in his mouth, I will never see him again. He will spend eternity in Hell, and along with the guilt I carry, i will answer to God for not doing more to bring him to Christ. My dad, who died this year, will answer directly to God for not raising my brother in church and leading him to the Lord. The Bible makes that plain. It aint on mama...its on the man of the house. That sucks too. Thats reality though. Doesnt matter whether we accept it, or agree with it...God said it, its the law.

VN Store

Back