USA Today SEC coaches rankings

honestly cannot stop LMAOOOOOOOOOO! at Kirby doing exactly jack nothing but buy recruits and get recognition. i mean, he has to be one of the worst coaches in SEC history, and they can't get rid of him. it's fooking beautiful to look at.

It’s a buttsniffer web site. Relax. They haven’t had a real good coach in the last 60 years.

Bryan Harsin at 10 at least suggest the SEC has a lot of great coaches. Regardless of bait article opinions. Switch Kirby for Stoops and see how UK and UGA fare. Kirby isn't a top tier coach. Dan Mullen at least IMO is better coach then Kirby.

Reactions: Jaws
Bryan Harsin at 10 at least suggest the SEC has a lot of great coaches. Regardless of bait article opinions. Switch Kirby for Stoops and see how UK and UGA fare. Kirby isn't a top tier coach. Dan Mullen at least IMO is better coach then Kirby.
exactly. You have to take in account where they are at. Could Kirby recruit at Kentucky and coach them up? I don't think so.

Ole Jimbo better show out this season or that $75 million is feeling very expensive. He had a great season last, but expectations are huge this season .
They should contend for the whole thing this year. They are as talented as any team.

honestly cannot stop LMAOOOOOOOOOO! at Kirby doing exactly jack nothing but buy recruits and get recognition. i mean, he has to be one of the worst coaches in SEC history, and they can't get rid of him. it's fooking beautiful to look at.

5 Seasons as a head coach
52-14 .788 (8-5, 13-2, 11-3, 12-2, 8-2)
4-1 in bowl games
3 Eastern Division Championships
1 Sec Championship
SEC Coach of the Year in 2017
Recruiting Rankings : 6th, 3rd, 1st, 2nd, 1st)

Not sure you and I are talking about the same guy.

They should contend for the whole thing this year. They are as talented as any team.
That’s what I mean. They should, but we haven’t seen it yet. That running back they have is nasty. I think it comes down to Haynes King being the guy or not. I know Chaney wanted him here bad.

It’s a ranking of Roster talent, not much more, with the exception of the list putting Vandy above two schools which was weird.

Reactions: JRich
List seems about right. The new guys have to prove themselves.

On Stoops, I don't think he is better than those above him on the list. Many on here have a rather overinflated opinion of Mr. Stoops. He's 49-50, 24-42 in conference - would have been fired after year three at UT. I know it's Kentucky, but if he was really that good he wouldn't still be there after 8 years. He's not doing what Franklin did at Vandy.

You know who would have been a good fit for Vandy? Army’s coach Jeff Moncton, and if he ran the triple option at Vandy they would be the team nobody wants to play versus their current status as the favorite Homecoming opponent every year. Vandy needs to be different like the service academies. Vandy will never win the East so trying to play conventional isn’t the ticket for them....

Last edited:
Reactions: UTwild82
List seems about right. The new guys have to prove themselves.

On Stoops, I don't think he is better than those above him on the list. Many on here have a rather overinflated opinion of Mr. Stoops. He's 49-50, 24-42 in conference - would have been fired after year three at UT. I know it's Kentucky, but if he was really that good he wouldn't still be there after 8 years. He's not doing what Franklin did at Vandy.

Stoops has turned UK into a quality program after inheriting a doormat. What he has done is not equal to what Franklin did at Vandy, but name another coach who has done that....Franklin pulled a miracle at Vandy, those don’t come around often. I agree Kirby would not have done as well at UK As Stoops has done.

It’s a ranking of Roster talent, not much more, with the exception of the list putting Vandy above two schools which was weird.
Seems that way, but except for Vandy and maybe USC, I would say that from 6 through 14 the talent level is about the same, maybe even Florida, too. I feel like Florida has always overachieved their roster.

Seems that way, but except for Vandy and maybe USC, I would say that from 6 through 14 the talent level is about the same, maybe even Florida, too. I feel like Florida has always overachieved their roster.
There have been plenty of coaches at UF that have underperformed their talent base, and that talent base is almost always top 3-4 in the Sec.

Reactions: JRich

VN Store

Back