USA Today Picks Jauan Jennings as the #1...

The cut off is not that early. 6th or 7th? Yeah, you'd be better off undrafted. But early cuts for 4th and 5th round picks aren't common.
Its not about early cuts. It's about the fact that teams tend to be approach late-round draft picks very differently than they do 1-3. As a UDFA you are a lot more likely to go to a team that fits you than if some team just decided to quickly pick you against the clock. a 4th round pick is like you're at the grocery store getting groceries but you just got a call that you need to be home in 20 mins and oh btw they didn't have the cereal you wanted so grab something else the kids might like. The UDFA is you're home shopping for groceries on instacart and ask the kids what it is they want then click their choice and wait for it to be delivered to you. In this example, the kids are your coaching staff.

Not to worry! In today's NFL relaxed enforcement of the rules, Jauan Jennings will be able to hold, scratch, and push off to get open. Then; the DBS can try to tackle him. Good Luck with that.

JJ won’t break tackles in NFL anything like in college. Those are men who’s job is to tackle you out there. NTL, I wish Jennings well.

JJ won’t break tackles in NFL anything like in college. Those are men who’s job is to tackle you out there. NTL, I wish Jennings well.
He will be a WR blocker/Special teams player, which are valuable in the current NFL with spread offenses.

i wish they did those times in pads because some guys get much slower in pads. jennings plays faster

"with the what ever selection in the draft the Tennessee Titans select wide receiver Jauan Jennings from the Univ of TN".

would be fine with me.

I don't care what they think of him as long as he doesn't end up with the Patriots.

Hopefully he will land with the Titans, Broncos or Cowboys!

Not even Randy Moss is foolish enough to claim he is better than Jerry Rice. It’s not even a close comparison. There is Jerry Rice, and then there is everyone else.
I disagree.. Rice was great, but was also in a great situation in SF.

Jennings would make a great TE if he can block at the Pro level. His lack of speed is of concern as Pro scouts are worried he can't separate from defenders.

Yahoo Sports weighs in...

Tennessee WR Jauan Jennings
The 6-3, 215-pound Jennings was never expected to test as a high-end athlete, as he wins with his physicality and tenacity. But measuring in with shorter arms (31 5/8 inches) and smaller hands (9 inches) didn’t help. And Jennings testing in the bottom 5 percent in the 40-yard dash (4.72 seconds, slower than some defensive ends) and vertical jump (29 inches, worse than some offensive guards) raises serious eyebrows.
Even with a middling broad jump (119 inches), it’s hard to see Jennings appealing to teams that put a lot of stock in SPARQ scores, especially in such a crowded WR field. Beyond that, his character has concerned a number of teams.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
"NFL Combine Loser"

*sigh*

He's got alot of heart. Hope he proves everyone wrong.

1. Jauan Jennings, WR, Tennessee: In the Southeastern Conference, Jennings regularly pulled down jump balls and racked up yards after the catch. After netting a 4.72-second 40 and a 29-inch vertical leap, both second worst at his position, the 6-3, 215-pound target will face questions about whether he can do either effectively in the NFL. In a deep receiver class, Jennings might have a hard time standing out given his disconcerting athletic profile.

NFL combine winners, losers: Isaiah Simmons stands alone among top performers
Pretty dumb, lazy take imo. Everybody knew going in he wasn’t gonna run a fast 40, 4.7 was about what everybody expected. It’s his intangibles that define him. I would think they would’ve picked a guy who was expected to run 4.4 but ran 4.6 or something to be the biggest “loser” at the combine. Guarantee ya the scouts and GMs don’t share this same opinion....unless he bombed in his interviews, which I highly doubt.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
Yahoo Sports weighs in...

Tennessee WR Jauan Jennings
The 6-3, 215-pound Jennings was never expected to test as a high-end athlete, as he wins with his physicality and tenacity. But measuring in with shorter arms (31 5/8 inches) and smaller hands (9 inches) didn’t help. And Jennings testing in the bottom 5 percent in the 40-yard dash (4.72 seconds, slower than some defensive ends) and vertical jump (29 inches, worse than some offensive guards) raises serious eyebrows.
Even with a middling broad jump (119 inches), it’s hard to see Jennings appealing to teams that put a lot of stock in SPARQ scores, especially in such a crowded WR field. Beyond that, his character has concerned a number of teams.
Short arms and small hands....just dumb as hell. Anybody who’s watched him play knows none of that matters to his on-field performance. And his 29” vertical sure as hell didn’t matter when he was high pointing and catching all the 50/50 balls he brought down over defenders. Didn’t hurt him on the Hail Mary vs Georgia. Kid is a player and it’s only gonna take one team to recognize that and draft him. He only needs one to give him a chance and I’m betting he’ll make the most of his opportunity.

Have you watched db in the nfl. They do not tackle they block to tackle and that is why half of them get hurt every week. Some safeties can tackle but tackling in the nfl is a joke. I am not saying he will be the same but do not sell him out either just yet.

Reactions: feathersax

VN Store

Back