Restaurants Around The Country

MAD

Arsenal FC, Detroit Lions
I know we have a “Knoxville Restaurants” thread but thought it might be nice to have a thread for restaurants outside of the East Tennessee area.

Reactions: volmanbill
Ate at a place in Largo, Florida (Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater Area) called The Spot Sushi Burrito last night. It’s two restaurants in one.
I loved it, was packed. Met a person there that drove an hour away just to eat at this place.
I ordered from the sushi side where you create your own bowl or burrito, so did my daughter. Think of Chipotle but for sushi. My mom ordered from the other side.
The other side is a full menu of Vietnamese cuisine.
I think it's the first of it’s kind in this area.

Here is a link:
The Spot | Sushi Burritos and More

Went to a place years ago in Jacksonville called Wine Cellar. Fantastic 4-course meal.

Reactions: MAD
If anyone is going to Gainesville for the game, I highly recommend reservations at Embers Wood Grill.

Nikolai’s Roof in Atlanta for special occasions. Chefs menu, multiple courses, unbelievably good food and unique in that the fare is Russian. I’ve been multiple times and have never had a bad meal or bad experience. It’s pricey so we save for special occasions. It’s on the top floor of the Hilton Atlanta.

Reactions: GoVolsDR and MAD
Phoenix has a great restaurant scene. Lots of good ethnic food. Of course Mexican, but within 10 minutes of me, we have delicious Korean, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indian, Cuban, Italian, etc. Lots of good pub food. Good barbecue is a little harder to find, but we have that too.

There is a nice place to eat breakfast called the Carolina Pancake House in Myrtle Beach. Great staff and great food portions for the price.

There is a nice place to eat breakfast called the Carolina Pancake House in Myrtle Beach. Great staff and great food portions for the price.

Just reminded me of something I hadn't thought of in forever...

I haven't been to Myrtle Beach since the 80s but when I was a kid in the 70s, every time we went there we always went to this pancake house, I think it was called Jim's. Don't recall whether it was anything special but it sure was to me because it was pancakes! Anyway, just remembered that. The end.

I'll be back tomorrow night with yet another tale of derring-do and high adventure. Sleep tight, kiddos.

Just reminded me of something I hadn't thought of in forever...

I haven't been to Myrtle Beach since the 80s but when I was a kid in the 70s, every time we went there we always went to this pancake house, I think it was called Jim's. Don't recall whether it was anything special but it sure was to me because it was pancakes! Anyway, just remembered that. The end.

I'll be back tomorrow night with yet another tale of derring-do and high adventure. Sleep tight, kiddos.

My wife and I try to go to Myrtle more so over panama. It's a little cooler, the crowds are not as bad. Usually a little more budget friendly. Wonderful place to visit!

Reactions: pismonque
My wife and I try to go to Myrtle more so over panama. It's a little cooler, the crowds are not as bad. Usually a little more budget friendly. Wonderful place to visit!

When I lived in Chatt we used to go to Destin on the kids’ fall break in October. It was awesome, still 80-some degrees, water still warm, but not many people. Now I’m stuck with the coldass Pacific at California beaches.

Southern Bliss here in LaFayette, GA. It's just a little sandwich-type shop, but the prices are good and the desserts are terrific. I recommend the Hillbilly Philly with a side of spicy potato salad.

The Dari-Dip here in LaFayette is pretty good, too. Try the pecan cobbler.

When I lived in Chatt we used to go to Destin on the kids’ fall break in October. It was awesome, still 80-some degrees, water still warm, but not many people. Now I’m stuck with the coldass Pacific at California beaches.
Southern, Central, or Northern Cal?

VN Store

Back