USA Restaurants ( Outside of the Knoxville area )

volmanbill

Déjà vu all over again
Staff member
Have you been to Bern’s Steak House? That is on my list due to their legendary wine cellar.
We were there last month. It's an old school steakhouse with some pretty cool history. Make sure and let your server know you'd like a tour of the kitchen and wine cellar after dinner. It's an interesting look behind the scenes. Speaking of servers, it's quite the process to become one, including spending mandatory time working on Bern's farm.

You also have to go upstairs for dessert afterwards. It's a highlight in it's own.

btw, another favorite of ours in Tampa is just across the street at Elevage. Always a fresh menu, knowledgeable servers and a rooftop bar. (and then to Bern's for dessert) It's in the Epicurean hotel which has nice rooms plus a foodie "classroom" where they host various events.

the.one.the.only

The original Taco Mac in Atlanta. Virginia highlands. Still the best wings I’ve ever had, and their ranch dressing is incredible.

Also near that area, the Vortex for burgers. That place is just ridiculous. As soon as you see the place you know what you’re in for.

For bbq the best place I’ve ever eaten was a little shop in Lexington TX called Snow’s bbq. It was literally down the street from the slaughterhouse. Only open on Saturday’s. They sell what they smoked until they run out. The most incredible brisket and smoked sausage I’ve ever eaten.

2nd Ave Deli in NY for their pastrami sandwich. Holy hell what a sandwich. Costs like $30 a piece. It’s a Jewish deli so everything’s kosher. The pickles, the potato things, the mustard and the sandwich. Oh man it’s incredible.

mad4vols

Arsenal FC, Detroit Lions
The original Taco Mac in Atlanta. Virginia highlands. Still the best wings I’ve ever had, and their ranch dressing is incredible.

Also near that area, the Vortex for burgers. That place is just ridiculous. As soon as you see the place you know what you’re in for.

For bbq the best place I’ve ever eaten was a little shop in Lexington TX called Snow’s bbq. It was literally down the street from the slaughterhouse. Only open on Saturday’s. They sell what they smoked until they run out. The most incredible brisket and smoked sausage I’ve ever eaten.

2nd Ave Deli in NY for their pastrami sandwich. Holy hell what a sandwich. Costs like $30 a piece. It’s a Jewish deli so everything’s kosher. The pickles, the potato things, the mustard and the sandwich. Oh man it’s incredible.
I heard that the Vortex has something called the coronary bypass burger 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣

OrngeJuiceJones

Keep the Myrtle Beach recommendations coming, I’ll be there for 3 months starting Tuesday.
Magoos on 501 best bar, best wings and best happy hour. Angelos best steak and Italian in town. Dagwoods in surfside awesome place for huge subs/sandwiches and great bar for sports. Sams Corner in garden city best dive/diner in town. Ducatis up towards northern myrtle beach has best NY style pizza and garlic knots in entire grand strand. Want anymore? Used to live there, i could go on all day.

Last edited:

Tri-CitiesVol

OKC recommendations

Hatch- brunch. Coyote omelet is out of this world.

Maples BBQ- solid all around. Saturday beef rib is fantastic

Pie Junkie- I was a much too frequent customer

Empire Slice House- Great pizza, same district as the previous two

Hefner Grill- beautiful setting on Lake Hefner. Shallot peppercorn cream sauce is maybe the best thing I’ve ever had. Awesome crab bisque as well.

Bleu garten- neat courtyard where multiple food trucks park. There are a few bars and covered tables with cornhole boards and TVs.

The Jones Assembly- awesome atmosphere. We loved eating outside. Good food, great drinks. They put on great concerts as well.

pismonque

Bury me in Orcadian peat
I didn’t realize how good the Pizza was when I lived in Columbus, Ohio.
Tommy’s, Rotolo’s, Iacono’s to name a few.
I bet you the top 25 pizza places in Columbus are better than the best pizza here in the Tampa Bay Area which I haven’t even found yet.
I was last in Columbus in the mid-80s but there was a restaurant there back then called Max & Erma's that seemed totally geared toward the young, drunk and horny crowd. Each table had a telephone on it and a numbered sign above it so you could call other tables. Can't imagine that particular amenity lasted very long.

mad4vols

Arsenal FC, Detroit Lions
I was last in Columbus in the mid-80s but there was a restaurant there back then called Max & Erma's that seemed totally geared toward the young, drunk and horny crowd. Each table had a telephone on it and a numbered sign above it so you could call other tables. Can't imagine that particular amenity lasted very long.
Yes I was in Columbus at that time. Max & Erma’s is still around, but they got rid of the phones many years ago. It was a unique concept that’s for sure.

golfballs

Well-Known Boofer
I didn’t realize how good the Pizza was when I lived in Columbus, Ohio.
Tommy’s, Rotolo’s, Iacono’s to name a few.
I bet you the top 25 pizza places in Columbus are better than the best pizza here in the Tampa Bay Area which I haven’t even found yet.
Tommy’s 👍🏻 Their crust is one of a kind. Thin, light, and airy but strong enough to hold a bunch of toppings

xJesusx56

Thick.Solid.Tight.
Magoos on 501 best bar, best wings and best happy hour. Angelos best steak and Italian in town. Dagwoods in surfside awesome place for huge subs/sandwiches and great bar for sports. Sams Corner in garden city best dive/diner in town. Ducatis up towards northern myrtle beach has best NY style pizza and garlic knots in entire grant strand. Want anymore? Used to live there, i could go on all day.

Good call on Ducati’s. I may hit up Dagwoods for the game Saturday.

Got a good sushi spot here?

VN Store

Sponsors