USA Game Uniforms

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
We're going classic for the USA game. Back to beautiful, I guess you could call it. Source: Tennessee Announces Uniforms For South Alabama Game | Rocky Top Insider
Players.Smokey.TTU_.745.jpg

Last edited:
I like the white pants with the checkerboards running down the leg. I don't think we have seen them in a while, at least not that I remember.

Reactions: Vol_guy and kcvols1
I chuckle every time I see one of these pictures…all the players who don’t play are always at the front of the line, first ones out the T.

This may be a testament to the coaches' philosophy of, "We are a team." And it includes those who aren't seeing the field. I'm all for that kind of culture.

Last edited:
Plain white pants and giant block numbers were the peak of Tennessee uniforms.

397842.jpg.0.jpg

I absolutely agree that this looked better on the field and in photos. Those older shoulderpads made people look so freaking huge. More threatening. More bulky. It was a lot more blue-collar look back then. Now it's all stuff that's more form fitting and thinner. I almost want to say that they've changed them over time so players would feel less "invincible" because they were wearing such bulky pads. I may be wrong on that though, it's bit fuzzy in my memory.

Unfortunately, no matter the reason why pads have changed, the modern style doesn't have enough room for those beautiful numbers. Which sucks, because it did look better.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
We’ll beat USA and then there will be a thread about how if we had just worn our regular uniform, we would’ve beat UGA

VN Store

Back