US may have killed Quds Force Commander Qasem Soleimani

Since everything has become so polarized, there appear to be no unbiased judges. In that light it would be foolish to anyone to promote a judge from the opposing side of things - basically suicide. The real question is how do we walk back from bi-polarization of every branch of government?
I think for the first part of his tenure Kavanaugh spent more time voting against Trump backed stuff than for it. It was only after all the Dem bs that he has balanced out.

Reactions: AM64
I think for the first part of his tenure Kavanaugh spent more time voting against Trump backed stuff than for it. It was only after all the Dem bs that he has balanced out.

It's true you never know how someone will respond until faced with an event. As an engineer, I've worked often with or authored technical literature; I also spent many years working in codes and standards committees (even chairing a couple). I, therefore, always thought I understood the use of the English language reasonably well and understood written instructions reasonably well, but I have to say that the way the "justice" system can "interpret" things is downright amazing. Perhaps I'm simply too literal and linear in my thinking to understand all the nuance and constructions to be found in something like "Turn off the light." However, after being introduced to the legal "thought" process, I'm of the opinion that you can never nail down what a judge might do or how he might think.

Last edited:
Reactions: NurseGoodVol
It's true you never know how someone will respond until faced with an event. As an engineer, I've worked often with or authored technical literature; I also spent many years working in codes and standards committees (even chairing a couple). I, therefore, always thought I understood the use of the English language reasonably well and understood written instructions reasonably well, but I have to say that the way the "justice" system can "interpret" things is downright amazing. Perhaps I'm simply too literal and linear in my thinking to understand all the nuance and constructions to be found in something like "Turn off the light." However, after being introduced to the legal "thought" process, I'm of the opinion that you can never nail down what a judge might do or how he might think.
Depends on what the meaning of "is", is. Welcome to the world of black is white; white is wrong and it smells like purple.

Almost like "shall not be infringed" has a cosmic 6500 word interpretation.

That's a good one! The President doesn't lie. He hasn't refused to show his tax returns. He hasn't defrauded charities. I can understand your point

If we had a real formal vetting system in place to determine whether candidates are qualified (before they're allowed to run) that wouldn't be an issue for you, or a lot of Obama's records (like educational accomplishments) wouldn't be an issue for the other side. Lies about who you are and inappropriate financial dealings (particularly undocumented unexplained income) are big red flags when it comes to security clearances. If we are going to have elected officials handling classified information, then why aren't they sufficiently vetted? That would largely make whether someone made his tax records open or not a moot point - like you or I would be able to make heads or tails of Trump's tax return anyway. I'm sure you do realize that revealing tax records isn't a requirement, but it would certainly be to the vetting agency if candidates were correctly vetted. If you are concerned about presidential finances, then why not congress - that's were the real money's being made on moderate salaries. I'd love to know how people in congress amass fortunes much more than looking at tax returns for presidential candidates.

Trump Suggests He Ordered Soleimani Killed For "Saying Bad Things About Our Country"

However, like with prior official statements surrounding the controversial military operation, which subsequently triggered a move in Iraqi parliament to boot American forces from the country, no specific evidence was offered that Soleimani was an "imminent" threat to US national security in the region. Previously contradictory statements have come out of the administration saying US embassies in the region were under threat of bombing.

Can the democrats on here admit killing this man was a great move?

It’s still early, but it could go down as one of the best decisions we’ve ever made in the sand box , as it seems to be igniting a spark for the people in Iran . From the outside looking in it’s almost like a weight has been lifted . ( just my uneducated opinion )

It’s still early, but it could go down as one of the best decisions we’ve ever made in the sand box , as it seems to be igniting a spark for the people in Iran . From the outside looking in it’s almost like a weight has been lifted . ( just my uneducated opinion )

I like it as a matter of deference if nothing else. It’s been a long time since we’ve drawn a hard line with Iran.

How Trump Twisted Iran Intel to Manufacture the ‘Four Embassies’ Threat

people close to Trump say his embassy fixation lies in his obsession with avoiding the kind of catastrophes that befell his predecessors Barack Obama and George W. Bush. President Trump, who has long bashed Obama for the 2012 Benghazi attack and Bush for the Hurricane Katrina response, is particularly concerned with opening himself up to accusations of having suffered “Trump’s Benghazi” or “Trump’s Katrina,” according to two sources who’ve spoken to the president about this.

He is, however, determined not to experience a direct parallel to Benghazi. Indeed, on New Year’s Eve, the president took to Twitter to enthusiastically brand the embassy attack that occurred on his watch “The Anti-Benghazi!”
Are you going to pretend like the General wasn’t a criminal?

Hill, remember the beginning to proposed discussion about how Trump didn't want a benghazi and picked the most high profile target in response to the Embassy protests?

Fear and confusion as al-Shabab fighters overran a U.S. airfield in Kenya

The brazen assault at Manda Bay, a sleepy seaside base near the Somali border, on Jan. 5, was largely overshadowed by the crisis with Iran after the killing of that country’s most important general two days earlier and is only now drawing closer scrutiny from Congress and Pentagon officials.
But the storming of an airfield used by the U.S. military so alarmed the Pentagon that it immediately sent about 100 troops from the 101st Airborne Division to establish security at the base. Army Green Berets from Germany were shuttled to Djibouti, the Pentagon’s major hub in Africa, in case the entire base was in danger of being taken by al-Shabab, an East African terrorist group affiliated with al-Qaida.

VN Store

Back