Uros Plavsic commits to Tennessee

What I find most interesting about those comments is the manner in which they are presented. They seem to be said in the sense that his immediate eligibility is almost a certainty. They don’t use any qualifiers like, “If he gains immediate eligibility...”. In fact, there are two direct references to his potential impact this year. I guess the question is, is that an oversight on VQ’s part, or a hint that his eligibility for this season is very likely? 🤔
I don’t think it’s much secret the staff expects him to be eligible

Yea, not going to get into an argument with you, but Punter was clearly a 2 guard.

Turner to me early in his career was clearly a 2. We just started to see him evolve into a PG last year. It took him awhile to get to there but he is at least serviceable there now. He’s still more of a 2 though

I’d love to have Kevin Punter playing PG for us next year I know that.

When you consider the fact that he is from another country, it makes a lot more sense for him to transfer after his coach and mentor left. I would think someone could make a pretty good case, in his situatiation.
I agree his case is unique. Not sure it sets a good precedent but I won’t be shocked if he wins his appeal on that basis.

I don’t think it’s much secret the staff expects him to be eligible
One of the local radio guys, Tony B. (I think?) said the NCAA almost always allow foreign kids to not have to sit out of year for diversity or something like that. How true that is, I have no idea, but it kind of makes sense to me.

One of the local radio guys, Tony B. (I think?) said the NCAA almost always allow foreign kids to not have to sit out of year for diversity or something like that. How true that is, I have no idea, but it kind of makes sense to me.
Stuck it to Kanter when he was at Kentucky (of all places).

Reactions: BreatheUT
Kanter's issue was different, he was actually a salaried club player in Turkey as a high schooler - so it was more of that he was not an "amateur".
All those kids play club teams and get paid by sponsors. He was no different.

All those kids play club teams and get paid by sponsors. He was no different.

But was it not over the amount that was in excess of his expenses? International players are allowed to receive funds from club teams and be eligible, but that money cannot exceed their expenses. From what i recall, the NCAA had a problem with the amount he took in - not that he was paid.

But was it not over the amount that was in excess of his expenses? International players are allowed to receive funds from club teams and be eligible, but that money cannot exceed their expenses. From what i recall, the NCAA had a problem with the amount he took in - not that he was paid.
And they had no inkling of the amount. So they did a Japanese inspection.

Stuck it to Kanter when he was at Kentucky (of all places).
His was an issue of amateurism, though. NCAA has been rare to forgive that sin. But as you said, it is somewhat ironic that he couldn't even manage to get eligible at Kentucky, of all places.

Well we will definitely have size then.

Quality size Im not so sure of but size none the less.

Burns and Plavsic should rise to the top of the post group though one would think.

Yes there’s a chance, but no guarantee.

Hes from Serbia......maybe he can get a waiver because he needs to be closer to home to care for an ailing family member or other home related hardship? Pretty sure Tn is closer to Serbia than AZ........🤣🤣🤣🤣

It's taken 5+ months to hear about Solomon and Gibbs in football, and still nothing. We'll be lucky if we know anything about Plavsic by September.

Reactions: CAVPUT

VN Store

Back