Uros deserves a ton of credit…

Senior center Uros Plavsic quickly brought up CBS’ analysts picking Louisiana to upset Tennessee in the first round when asked about his message to the haters. The Serbian big man was well aware of the public and pundits belief that Duke would knock off Tennessee.
“Whoever said that people are doubting and disrespecting us, that is correct,” Uros Plavsic said. “I like that, honestly. Being that underdog every time you step on the court against some big time schools and big time names. I feel like we showed throughout the season this year especially that we take care of the business when it comes to that time.”

Tennessee Basketball's Message To The Haters | Rocky Top Insider

Senior center Uros Plavsic quickly brought up CBS’ analysts picking Louisiana to upset Tennessee in the first round when asked about his message to the haters. The Serbian big man was well aware of the public and pundits belief that Duke would knock off Tennessee.
“Whoever said that people are doubting and disrespecting us, that is correct,” Uros Plavsic said. “I like that, honestly. Being that underdog every time you step on the court against some big time schools and big time names. I feel like we showed throughout the season this year especially that we take care of the business when it comes to that time.”

Tennessee Basketball's Message To The Haters | Rocky Top Insider
Thus sayeth the Serbian.

Some had them as a popular upset pick in round one, while the remaining few had them out against Duke in round two.

Fortunately for Tennessee, the games aren't played on paper or radio shows. The Volunteers came out with a revamped mindset, becoming the aggressor and bringing the action to the Blue Devils. Center Uros Plavsic picked up two early fouls that seemed unnecessary but delivered a message: we aren't intimidated.

https://www.si.com/college/tennessee/mens-basketball/tennessee-beats-duke-advances-to-sweet-sixteen

for the win over Duke. He pretty much let the Dookies know early they were “in the mud” and right where TN wanted them to be. Aidoo’s basketball play against Filipowski also set the tone.

Yes to this all day. Sometimes he crosses the line but that's the nature of the beast. He set the tone no doubt. Several of the dookies played scared the rest of the game. I love having him on our side of the Atlantic.

Uros has been a valuable enforcer and intimidator. If you haven’t the video interview of Oscar from Kentucky talking about Uros, it’s must see TV. He says something thing like Uros said he was his daddy or baby daddy. It’s a classic.

Some had them as a popular upset pick in round one, while the remaining few had them out against Duke in round two.

Fortunately for Tennessee, the games aren't played on paper or radio shows. The Volunteers came out with a revamped mindset, becoming the aggressor and bringing the action to the Blue Devils. Center Uros Plavsic picked up two early fouls that seemed unnecessary but delivered a message: we aren't intimidated.

https://www.si.com/college/tennessee/mens-basketball/tennessee-beats-duke-advances-to-sweet-sixteen
Only 2 games away!

Reactions: WillisWG
There’s a lot of good and bad with Uros. He’s physical (sometimes too physical) and he’s emotional (sometimes too emotional). He’s big and strong but slow. I think he’s a valuable part of the team but only in spot minutes to change the pace and pound on the other team. I’d be okay with some more minutes if he didn’t whine the whole time and attract negative attention from the officials and avoid technical fouls as all of that hurts the team. He was -15 against Louisiana. I’m not sure what his +/- was against Duke. But him sending a message early with physical play and exposing Duke’s flopping in the officials reviews I think probably helped in ways that cannot be captured by +/-, etc., stats. All in all, good game from Uros yesterday following a total clunker against Louisiana.

for the win over Duke. He pretty much let the Dookies know early they were “in the mud” and right where TN wanted them to be. Aidoo’s basketball play against Filipowski also set the tone.
What I'm hoping is that some of that attitude will be passed down to a couple of guys on next years roster. Gotta have some grit to go with talent.

I was ripping Uros early yesterday. Felt like he was going to get us in a jam early. He had some big rebounds, a nice assist and some clean-up baskets that were huge.

Cleanup baskets? Uros didn't score a point. This reinvisionist history is hilarious. He plays like a goon. Even Barnes commented on it during his first television interview without saying his name. Uros stopped doing it but the officials were looking for him.

Reactions: VOLED
What I'm hoping is that some of that attitude will be passed down to a couple of guys on next years roster. Gotta have some grit to go with talent.
I think Awaka is the natural next guy. He already brings that physicality. I think he’ll outgrow that enforcer role though as he’s going to be too valuable to be picking up cheap fouls.

Cleanup baskets? Uros didn't score a point. This reinvisionist history is hilarious. He plays like a goon. Even Barnes commented on it during his first television interview without saying his name. Uros stopped doing it but the officials were looking for him.

Plavsic's ferocity intimidated Duke and had a major impact on the game in our favor. No one got hurt but they were scared. Nkamhoua has chemistry with Uros. Feeds off his toughness. It's obvious.

Barnes loves having him around - you can be sure. Plavsic does his thing, then good-natured salt-of-the-earth CRB goes out and smoothes out the PR side. Worked like a charm.

I have said many times, the last thing you want to do is get into a fist fight with these Vols! It plays right into their game and they will whoop your a**!!

Revisionist history? Nah, just poor short-term memory. Plav settled down and contributed 3 rebounds and a nice assist. Hope your weekend gets better.

Respectfully I don’t think this is fair. In some scenarios a player can have a meaningful impact on a game without scoring. Uros to some extent defined this game. He let Duke know early they were facing men now, and they could never quite stand toe to toe with us after that.

VN Store

Back